"ID input" in monitor menu?

• 3 Replies

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
"ID input" in monitor menu?
« on: August 13, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »
Hello, I know this isn't exactly topic for this forum but I have nowhere else to ask. I have connected monitors with serial (RS232) cable so I can control them via software and not remote control. I have set the ID's for each of them but there is also option "ID input" and I don't understand what is it used for and monitor manual isn't very explanatory (at least for me.)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: "ID input" in monitor menu?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 04:37:29 AM »
Samsung provide the MDC (multi Display Control) software in their CD. You can use this to control the monitors through RS232. To set the ID you need to use the remote controller. This is the only way to do it.

Bill

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 08:40:25 AM »
I am already using MDC software, all monitors have their ID set. There are 2 items in this submenu, one is "ID setup" where I already set ID for each monitor and the software is working just fine. The other is "ID input" which I am interested in and don't know it's finction. In manual it is explained as follows "Use to select the transmitter functions of the individual SET. Only a SET where the ID corresponds to the transmitter setting becomes activated."

I just got an idea. Is this maybe to set the ID of a monitor on which MDC is installed if there is no separate PC for this software?

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 11:52:12 AM »
Still haven't figured out what this option is so here is a picture, maybe someone can answer.
(http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9613/idinput.th.gif)