Missing cable - Source not found

• 3 Replies

Offline MandyB

Missing cable - Source not found
« on: August 05, 2013, 05:51:21 PM »
I can't seem to find the DP to HDMI MagicInfo Samsung cable that my SBB was shipped with.

I have tried to connect SBB to TV using standard DP to HDMI cable and it tells me source not found. Check cables.

How else can I connect the SBB to the TV ?

Offline samwieda

• Mega Guru
Re: Missing cable - Source not found
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
Hi
you have two ports on your SBB. one MagicInfo Out and one DP out.
if you have a LFD (professional device) you have to use the original cable and the MagicInfo out. if you are using a standard TV you have to use the DP out port with a standart DP - HDMI cable.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 04:36:17 PM »
I thought the DP out was for video walls? And that you could only use a samsung TV with the SBB player box. Makes sense that it is a special proprietary cable. I don't have an SBB on hand but should have one within the next few weeks so I can verify some things.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 11:23:47 PM »
sam, you are right. Unfortunately i cannot go back and edit my post. I just got a SBB-AD7 in and tested it on a ME46B.  I can use the DP out port on the SBB using a standard DP to HDMI cable and it does display an image- however, it is the extended desktop of Windows. I can then set Windows to clone the desktop instead of extend. It is also playing sound on the TV through the DP port. I was guessing that using the DP port on the SBB instead of the MagicInfo port would disable the use of the hardware control (on/off) and I was right- the TV does not turn off like it does if you use the magicinfo port (and special cable).
So if you wanted to, you could put a second monitor on the DP port, you just would not have hardware control.