MagicInfo Lite display not registering

• 4 Replies

Offline trondm

MagicInfo Lite display not registering
« on: December 09, 2013, 10:21:58 AM »
Hey there! First time MagicInfo user here in need of assistance:

I've installed postgre and MagicInfo Lite server on a Windows Server 2008 machine, the display is on the same network, given valid network information. So far so good...

My problem involves registering the display after searching for it. Server can find it just fine, I check the box to add it, and is given a message box telling me that "The device connection request has been completed. Please wait a moment." Pressing OK, I would expect something to pop up in the list after waiting "a moment", but nothing appears.

What's happening?

Offline funclass

Re: MagicInfo Lite display not registering
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »
I`ve got the same Problem. It seems that samsung isn`t interessted in solving software problems...

Offline ajcalleja

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:43:52 AM »
I've got the same problem... I've contacted Samsung support several times but no answer...

Offline funclass

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:05:49 AM »
I think I`ve got a solution for that problem.

The Answer of Samsungs DSSC-Hotline was to reinstall the MagicInfo Software at latest Version. After a couple times of new installations I had still the same problem. Then i found out the settings for the displays in MagicInfo-Menu must set manually. Every time I deleted a display in MagicInfo or got a new display in operation I couldn't add it. After setting the IP of MagicInfo-Server direct at the display (hostname doesn't work in my case) they appeared and waited to be approved.

Now I`ve got some other Problems:
- adding contents via FTP doesn't work
- adding content files to a playlist doesn't work
- adding cifs/ftp content to a shedule doesn't work
- while showing PowerPoint in Displays just first page is shown -> automatic page change doesn't work

(Setup: MagicInfo Premium Server 2005.2 -> Premium S Demo-License, Displays PE46C)

Offline james.njoroge

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 08:25:03 AM »
Am so stuck...I did an installation of magicinfo and everyworked perfectly...now the client wants the application to run on a virtual server...which I managed to relocated the content files...but the magicinfo server is not accepting any license EVEN FOR LITE WHICH IS FREE  the error am getting is.... PLEASE CONTACT THE SLM LICENSE: ERROR CODE 4345.

PLEASE ASSIST