New version of Magicinfo Pro

• 11 Replies

Offline Peterw12

New version of Magicinfo Pro
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »
I have recently heard that a new version of Magicinfo Pro will be made available later this year.
Can anyone else confirm this?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: New version of Magicinfo Pro
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 03:50:13 PM »
Not heard this, do you think it will be an upgrade or a completely new application?

I thought the new one was Magicinfo-I.

I wonder if Bill has any news on this.

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
Yes, things are changing.... Magicinfo pro is a good product and Magicinfo I does not have more functionality - in fact it has less. So there is some re-thinking going on at Samsung I believe. We have to wait and see. There will be a chargeable Magicinfo I software at some point. The latest Magicinfo I is version 1006.0 and it seems to be OK, MagicInfo pro is 2508 server and 3003 on the client.

You see remember that the Samsung monitors become much more powerful, with WES and 40GB drives, too. I can see exciting times for Digital Signage from Samsung and for us that we invest in it.

I'll keep you posted as I learn from my reseller/Internet.

Bill

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:27:10 PM »
Thanks Bill, I hope there are some improved scheduling options in the new Pro software version, apart from that we are very happy running magicinfo Pro-we thought about upgrading to I but decided it was too much hassle and the functionality seemed to be less then Pro. We would be happy if Samsung keep on with improvements and support for the Pro product.  ;D

Best

EricLo

Offline savant

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 05:40:32 PM »
I was told by Samsung folks at DSE that Info-I and Info Pro will remain as two seperate products with I ultimately becoming a hosted SAAS model you access and manage via the web and PRO remaining the direct manage model

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:58:00 PM »
Thanks for the update  ;D

EricL

Offline tb2571989

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
Thats, it's interesting to know what's going on.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »
I am attending a magicinfo webinar tomorrow for resellers, and hope to get a lot of answers I can share with this forum.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 07:39:53 PM »
Looking forward to your report  ;D

EricL

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »
I don't have much to report but here goes.
Magicinfo Pro is NOT being phased out for magicinfo-I. They will remain separate products as someone else said.  For when the customer wants a "simpler" (quote) solution, they have the choice of using magicinfo Pro.
Magicinfo-I Advanced will not be released until probably May. No pricing info yet. Do not know if it will be able to run on non-samsung displays (what I mean is, a computer hooked up to a regular LCD). You would think it would be able to run on anything since it's a paid version.

some other info you may already know:
MagicInfo-I standard doesnt support RSS, but magicinfo-I advanced will (but you can tell standard version to use a WEB area that can point to RSS info such as google gadgets for websites).  Magicinfo-I advanced will also have word art, and WIDGETS(!!!) such as clock, etc. You will also be able to email or text to the display to show an emergency message.  Advanced supports unlimited monitors, standard version only up to 50. There are other things advanced can do such as playlists.