New User - Network Issues

• 6 Replies

Offline ghunter

New User - Network Issues
« on: March 12, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »
Hello,

I hope somebody may be able to help be as im getting rather frustrated. I have a 400CXn for testing as we are thinking about buying another 23 if I can produce a good demo. Unfortunately I cannot get the screen talking to the server software.

My server software version is 2501.0
Client software is 2404.0

As a test I have the server software installed on a laptop. I have tried to connect the laptop to the screen via a cross over cable, through a netgear switch and also through our LAN with no joy. I have the firewalls disabled and connectivity is possible via ping. When I go into Magicinfopro server software though it does not pick up the screen. I have put the static IP of the server in the client software along with the server name but no joy.

I have phoned samsung who said they would send me some updated software butr I am yet to here back from them.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards
Greg

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: New User - Network Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 11:52:21 AM »
Greg, you need to ensure that both devices network together. With a switch there is no IP DHCP and you will need a router. Unless you specify static IP addresses for both the monitor and your notebook that can see communicate with each other, you have no hope in getting it to work. Your reseller should be able to help you or call Samsung direc. Are you in the UK?

Bill

Offline ghunter

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:39:38 PM »
Bill,

Thanks for the reply although I have already done what you have mentioned which is how I was able to achieve connectivity via a ping.

I have tried

- Cross-over cable with static IP going from LCD to Server directly
- Through a switch with static IP going
- Going through our network with DHCP. A router is in our network but should not be required as the two are on the same subnet.

What I can?t do is get the server software to recognise the screens when they boot up. I have contacted Samsung and awaiting updates software.

Thanks

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
Ok, are you using Windows XP? In the Firewall and Exceptions tab, you need to tick the File and Print Share.

Does this work?

Bill

Offline dudu1102

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
 :P :P

i also met connection issues. my server(MagicInfo Pro Server 2507.0) cann't find my client(MagicInfo Pro Client 3003.0) both are within same LAN network. I captured packet trace using ethreal, and found client had sent UDP (port = 55001) pkts to Server PC, but PC sent back ICMP Dest Unreachable Response ??  My server firewall is off definitely, don't know how to move forward ..

Any hints & thanks !!

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:36:20 PM »
How is your network managed? I have had a problem with a managed data switch that I didn't know, and when I blew new firmware it worked just fine! I think the problem is either within your network, or it may be that you have another software Firewall that does not allow MagicInfo pro to connect with the Client.

Network issues are hard to offer advise on, the problem is that everyone's different.

If that does not work, then use the MagicInfo pro server as a static IP address, and then configure the client as appropriate. That will create a tunnel through your network and see if you can connect.

Bill

Offline malosn

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 06:30:50 PM »
I don t know if that can help but in my side i noticed that i was unable to connect them through wifi (server laptop) but once i used an ethernet cable everything worked well.
Please note that my server is running windows 7 and that last week i used an xp laptop server with wifi and it worked fine.
This mean that sometimes tit is diifficult to know exacly why it doesn t connect.
Regards