Building my first video wall

• 2 Replies

Offline ChadBurke

Building my first video wall
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »
Hi all!

This is my first post here and I could use some verification to how I intend to build this wall.  I will be using:
  • 10 UT460n displays in a 2x5 grid
  • Network connection to each display via a switch in the nearest data closet
  • Magic Info Pro to publish and schedule content to the displays; I'd like the server software to be installed on my desktop

The Magic Info server will allow me to create a template based on the grid of 10 monitors so I can display one image(video, flash, etc) across the entire wall?
Is it really this easy to create a video wall with Magic Info and UTn displays or am I missing something?
From the guides, I think I can have a Flash file playing and have a video or other content layer over it at the same time?
Once the content is pushed to the displays, does ther server software need to stay connected?  Should I have a rack mounted server dedicated to this?
Will the content automatically be tiled over the entire grid essentially like one giant desktop?

This is a critical install, my first at that, in a entertainment environment and I have to get it right the first time, get it installed with a frame around the whole thing and have it work as I'm understanding it.  Don't mind telling you this makes me a little nervous as it's my first major project of this type, but if I can pull it off, my confidence will be a lot higher.  Any tips/hints are very welcome.

Thank you.

Chad

Offline Dmitry

Re: Building my first video wall
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »
This may not be as helpful as you want but depending on your location, you may want to enlist the help of Samsung Field Engineer. In Toronto our team is very responsive and for your caliber of sale (40K+ Video wall) they will consider doing the hand-holding out in the field.

www.dsokolov.ca

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Building my first video wall
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:45 PM »
Using Magicinfo pro is easy to do a video wall. The only snag is that you can only use a Photo or Video and nothing else. You need to create a video wall by clicking on Network and then New Group. When you click on Network again, you need to specify the Group Settings. See attached JPGs. You only need to drag in the monitors that you use.

Are you based in the UK?

Bill