TV input thru Content server

• 5 Replies

Offline spider

TV input thru Content server
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »
Hi Folks,

Got a question about the content server

• Will it support Windows 2008 Server?
  • Can it run as a service or does it need to be started on the console session?
  • Is there a client application or dropfolder, so that a administrative user who needs to update the media can change it without accessing the server?
  • TV is comming for IPTV, the display will only have an Ethernet connection. Is it possible to have some kind of inputcard on the server and then stream it to the monitor over the LAN? It's not possible to deliver the TV signal thru COAX or something only Ethernet.
  • What will be the bandwidth used for a stream on 1080p over the LAN and over WAN?
  • Based on the bandwidth answer above will that then for every LAN stream?
  • Based on the bandwidth answer above will there be a single WAN stream and then the content server delivers multiple LAN streams?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: TV input thru Content server
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 07:51:04 PM »
I have used the Content Server software, but it doesn't serve much purpose to me to be honest. Unless you use it to replicate over night to different sites, then I'd stir away from it!

Bill

Offline malosn

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
Hi Folks,

Got a question about the content server

• Will it support Windows 2008 Server?
  • Can it run as a service or does it need to be started on the console session?
  • Is there a client application or dropfolder, so that a administrative user who needs to update the media can change it without accessing the server?
  • TV is comming for IPTV, the display will only have an Ethernet connection. Is it possible to have some kind of inputcard on the server and then stream it to the monitor over the LAN? It's not possible to deliver the TV signal thru COAX or something only Ethernet.
  • What will be the bandwidth used for a stream on 1080p over the LAN and over WAN?
  • Based on the bandwidth answer above will that then for every LAN stream?
  • Based on the bandwidth answer above will there be a single WAN stream and then the content server delivers multiple LAN streams?
Finally how did you managed to stream TV on your network?.
In fact i was demonstrating the capacities of the Magicpro to a shopping mall owner and told him that it will be possible to stream Tv programs through the network but frankly do not know how to!
I made for him a proposal of 50sets of 460DNn-2 and is strongly hoping to get this tender next week.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 10:44:42 AM »
We tried streaming video/audio but had syncing errors between screens, can you let me know if you find a solution?

Thanks

EricL

Offline malosn

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 10:28:51 PM »
Hello

Is there any other todisplay Tv source on the LFD.In another words how can i do to display CTV programs sometimes in the sets:
-by streaming from a computer wich is connected to tuner?
-by distributing the Tv cable signal using coaxial cable to every set?

The client is 400DXn-2 model, but if another model can be used please let me know.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
OK, let's clear few things up here.

The DXn-2 unit is capable of PIP (Picture In Picture) and you can configure on a template to have a source pn a frame. This means that you can have real time TV or DVD playing, or PC etc while distributing digital signage content on the rest of the screen. This is a very big advantage for MagicInfo pro screens and I use it all the time.

If you use IP TV, then these screens are also best suited to show this on a separate frame using mms cast. In fact I did evaluate both Exterity and CableTime TV that worked fine on my original DXn units with no problems at all. Both IPTV solutions use their own player (I think for Exterity is AVS media player), but I specifically asked for the Microsoft Media Player as I know the mms stream will be ideal. And it worked!

The DXn-2 units have HD resolution of 1920x1080 and this is the video resolution you need. But the display will do easily 1360x768 or 1366x768. The main issue here is the 16:9 aspect ratio. If you have this in your video, it will be perfect.

Bill