Sync issues

• 5 Replies

Offline Webhallen

Sync issues
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:04 AM »
Hi,

I have 5 460n-MX2 screens and i'm playing 720p wmv material but the screens won't sync, i want them to play in sync so to speak... Is this possible?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Sync issues
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 12:36:30 PM »
Hello, we had some similar issues with streaming audio over the network to the screens. All the audio was streamed from one source but the screens played it slightly out of sync due to buffering etc. We moved the screens far enough apart so they were not within range of each other so the slight difference was noticeable. We couldn't think of a way to get the streams to start playing together  :(

I presume your screens are all within sight of each other and you have the same video played but slightly out of sync-are you using the screens as a video wall or is each one a separate individual?

EricL

Offline Webhallen

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
I'm using them seperatly. So there are no way to solve this?

Btw im trying to make a content server but the guide that is posted here on the forum doesn't say how to...

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »
Hmm, I don't know of a way to get them to play exactly in time with each other, sorry. The problem is with audio/video being so easy to interpret by the human ear/eye as being wrong, even when it is only very slightly wrong people notice it straight away. We were convinced streaming the audio would be fine until we actually tried it :-)

Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

EricL

Offline Webhallen

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:17:38 PM »
The problem isn't the audio but the video... We are not using audio at all..

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:44 PM »
You can sync the monitors, by setting the server as attached.

(http://)

Bill