Ticker slows up

• 3 Replies

Offline HandyMAN

• Major Guru
Ticker slows up
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:40:04 AM »
We have a simple template that is running on a SM400DXn2 in portrait.
The template comprises a large image area with 4 x jpg's that play for 10 seconds each and fade into the next image, a text box and a ticker area with about 240 characters of text.

As the text appears it starts to slow down in speed, then speeds up and then slows down again.

Direction Right to Left
Speed 80
Step 2
Font Ariel
Font Size 30

Tried variations on the speed and step setting, but no change.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Ticker slows up
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
Hi, are your jpgs a very high resolution but you have shrunk them in the area box to fit, if they are the combination of the scaling and fading effect could be putting a high load on the cpu/gpu which could slow down the ticker until the fade is finished. Try turning off the fade effect or reducing the picture size to the size you need for the screens in Photoshop or similar.

EricL

Offline HandyMAN

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
Thanks Eric

You are correct, the fade effect is timing with the ticker judder.
The biggest image file is only 180Kb, so I think the way around this is to create a flash file with the image fade incorporated, this should then get around the ticker delay.

Cheers

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:20:06 AM »
Video scallers are always struggling in portrait mode. In fact even if you have a tickertape in landscape mode, and JPGs that do transition, you will get a slight pause on the text and then it carries on as normal. This happens everytime there is a change in JPG. I am afraid this is the way it is. I do use flash files, this is probably better, but you need to get the a compiler or the AVS video converter (tis is great software) and convert your files at will.

Bill