How to display HDMI on

• 4 Replies

Offline snorwood

How to display HDMI on
« on: April 06, 2010, 11:29:18 PM »
We have had cable connected, I have a background set with different areas defined for photos, text, rss feeds and HDMI. How do I get the cable channel to display????!!!! 

Also, does anyone know of a good instruction manual with step-by-step instructions?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: How to display HDMI on
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:27:29 AM »
Hi, which model of screens are you using please?

EricL

Offline snorwood

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:46:16 PM »
Hi Eric, we have a Sumsung 400TSN using MagicInfo Pro v2501.0. We're connected to a Cox cablebox. We can get the Source to work on the background, but we can't get Source to work within the screen.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
Ok, I am not familiar with that exact screen, this post is worth checking out but if you are still having problems give the Samsung LFD support line a call to verify.

http://www.magicinfopro.com/magic/index.php/topic,32.0.html

Best

EricL

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »
The SM400TSN unit does not have PIP (Picture In Picture) function. You can only use HDMI (or any other source) as a whole screen. You need to set your Background to Source and then choose HDMI. Then save the template with a name or your preference and then schedule it through the Magicinfo pro server/scheduler. I use this on my MXN screens.

From what I have learnt, the DXN series (apart from the 52") have the Genesis Video Scaller, and the rest have the MStar scaler. Geneis can do PIP and MStar does not.

The latest CXN-2 product is a Genesis video scaller and that's why you can do PIP, but in the CXN (just like the TSN) it has a MStar scaler and you cannot do PIP.

Bill