0 KB Free Space? Cannot Publish!

• 3 Replies

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
0 KB Free Space? Cannot Publish!
« on: October 09, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »
I have a few 320Mxn that have been running for a couple months now on MIP(ver 2503).  We update the schedule everyday(M-F).  The monitors are restarted every evening.  This has been working fine.

Now today, 2 of Monitors will not allow me to schedule anything because the the Scheduler shows the Free Space to be 0 Kb, when infact the monitors have 1.27gb free on the D drive.
I've restarted the monitors and the MagicInfo Pro Server.
I can remote to the monitors.  I 've deleted the screen files from the monitors.  I've restarted the monitors and the MagicInfo Pro Server again. 

I cannot seem to find why MagicInfoPro thinks the screens have no space.
Any Ideas why the free space would be 0 kb?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: 0 KB Free Space? Cannot Publish!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 01:25:21 PM »
Never heard of that one before-try backing up your .mbd file in the scheduler then replacing it with a blank one from a new installation on a different machine of magicinfo pro. When we have issues with the database this seems to fix most things-at least it would allow you to see if that's where the problem lies as it would effectively renew the scheduler database and the information contained within it-it sounds to me like server side as you have definitely got the space free on the client (you did empty the recycle bin?) ..  unless anyone else has a better suggestion..  :-\

Offline ssmiley

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
Well, I've tried replacing the mdb file with a blank setup. This only seems to works until you logout and back into MagicInfo. I have reloaded Magicinfo from scratch, Loaded Magicinfo on a different server, Upgraded to the 2507 verison and still have the same results.  This leads me to believe it is a network issue, even thought I can remote to each screen via VNC and Remote Desktop fine.  It seems that the information does not get back to MagicInfo Server to update the scheulder with the monitor's current available space. The network guy had just put in some Riverbed WAN Optimzation equipment in and I had a suspicion.  I had him put it in bypass mode for about 5 mins and that seem to do the trick, turned it back on and took one of the sign out in seconds.  Log off of magicinfo and back in and the second sign was down.

Does anyone know the partculiar network jargon that these signs use to comunicate with the MagicInfo Pro Server/Scheduler Screen?

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:37:16 PM »
Hi, try this, Bill put it up last week-it shows all the ports info https://www.yousendit.com/download/Z01OTXRSZEtlcEt4dnc9PQ could be just what you need..