Cannot Install Magic Info I

• 25 Replies

Offline Burek1978

Re: Cannot Install Magic Info I
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:31:35 AM »
Have you tried using something like CCleaner to flush out any remaining stuff in the registry.  It's worth a try.

Offline p2master

• Major Guru
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 04:08:13 PM »
Ill give it a shot, but I have tried installing this on 3 machines, so I doubt that'll help.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2010, 07:48:36 AM »
There is a new version 1006 on the samsunglfd web site. Have you tried that?

Bill

Offline safurniss

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 04:19:52 PM »
I've got version 1006 installed & working on a Windows 2003 server without a problem.

Does anyone know why it does not seem to work on a Windows 2008 server?

I'm running the install as Administrator and UAC is disabled. It looks like it installs okay and the web page opens fine, but when I try logging in with the default admin account I get a message "Incorrect ID or password."

Does anyone know whats wrong and how to fix it?

Regards

Steve

Offline mjlippert

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 06:00:22 PM »
I just contacted Samsung Tech Support and discovered why I couldn't get the magic info to install.  Turns out you MUST install the prorgam in the default program location.  c:\MagicInfo-I.  I had been changing the default location to c:\program files\magicinfo-I and for some reason it would bypass installing the Java and the postgres database.  I explained to the tech guy that I consider this a bug and to report this issue to the programmers.  I hope this helps. It sure helpd me. 

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »
VERY helpful piece of information, thanks for letting us know. It's little things like this that can drive you mad when attempting to install a new piece of software. Hopefully Samsung will include it in new installation instructions.

Cheers mjlippert  ;D ;D ;D