Anti-Glare Film

• 3 Replies

Offline Matt3005

Anti-Glare Film
« on: April 21, 2010, 10:12:46 AM »
Hi there i am currently in looking for some form of anti-glare film to place on the window in-front of our screen. If anyone else has used a film of some sort please let me know where from. Thank you.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Anti-Glare Film
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »
Hi, we tried a polarising screen film from one of our pc monitors but you can only get them in smaller sizes as far as I know-it did the job to an extent but was far from perfect.

We also tried a protective overlay from Unicol, it is a perspex overlay with a slightly ground glass appearance to it. Didn't really help and made any text on the screen look fuzzy.

The screens themselves have an anti reflective coating as supplied and in the end after some further experimentation we found the original surface gave the best overall results after all.

Offline Matt3005

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »
The only trouble is that the screen is inside and is viewed from outside so we get almost double reflection one from the window and one from the screen.

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:12:36 AM »
Hmm, I see what you are saying. Well normally polarising film would definitely be the solution with glass refection, but because of the way LCD panels work by polarising light themselves often the actual display will disappear when viewed through the film-so obviously not very useful in this instance  ;D

The only thing I can think of is to tilt the screen downwards slightly so the reflection is moved away from the surface of the screen. Maybe you could mount the screen higher and tilt it down or move it further away from the inside of the glass-I suppose it would be difficult/expensive/impossible to coat the glass with an anti-reflective spay?