Can't connect to server???

• 7 Replies

Offline marcr26

Can't connect to server???
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:09 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to magicinfo and am a bit lost.

Bassically I am trying to connect my laptop to the server. Everytime i put the server name in it just gives me a series of : symbols from the drop down. Have attached a print screen to try and make my problem easier to understand.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!!!

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Can't connect to server???
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »
Hi, magicinfo pro should just pick up a network device on it's own. This is one of our servers and we didn't have to input the device, I think the drop list is to choose a nic if you have more than one installed on the server. Ignore it says magicnet, we just named it that for reference.

Attached:

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:17:26 PM »
Just re-read your post, you say you are trying to connect your laptop to the server, do you mean you are trying to get the server software to run on your laptop?

Offline marcr26

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 01:20:39 PM »
thanks for your reply. yes thats right. but i cant connect with the screen.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 03:27:11 PM »
Hello, as Fluidium says magicinfo should pick up on the NIC itself. If you cannot get the two computers to connect to each other try disabling the firewalls until a connection is made. I presume you are connecting through the network (switched) and in no way am I meaning to insult your intelligence but if you are connecting your laptop directly to the screen you should be using a crossover cable to make the connection, just a thought and only trying to help  ;D

EricL

Offline marcr26

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
I think it may be a windows seven problem as the win xp systems i have connected have been fine. but both systems running seven have failed.

do u think this could be the case?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »
Windows 7 works OK for me on the MagicInfo pro server version 2508. Have you tried this? You need to get a wired LAN cable. I have found that (VISTA and Windows 7) will not connect on a wireless router to the monitors. There was a solution that Samsung issued (I think it was version 2505a).

Bill

Offline malosn

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »
Windows 7 works OK for me on the MagicInfo pro server version 2508. Have you tried this? You need to get a wired LAN cable. I have found that (VISTA and Windows 7) will not connect on a wireless router to the monitors. There was a solution that Samsung issued (I think it was version 2505a).

Bill

My server version is 2506.0 and i can t connect using wifi with vista and windows 7. Till now i have to connect to my LFD client using wired ethernet cable.