400DXn software issues..

• 21 Replies

Offline tstahlfsu

• Major Guru
400DXn software issues..
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »
I have an installation of 400DXn's here on campus. The software died on one of them and had to be reloaded. After about 2 weeks of waiting and pleading Samsung (they had a problem with their image for the DXn series apparently...) they sent out an image. That worked fine, the panel restored and got me back to Windows again. The problem is with the MagicInfo versions... the panel originally had version 1000 of MagicNet Pro (One of the first off the line.. :o), and now has some yet to be determined MagicInfo Pro, which will no longer talk to my MagicNet Pro server.

This would not be an issue, except for the fact that I can not find a download anywhere for the MagicInfo Pro server. They used to hide it on the panel, in a downlevel folder, but I notice it is not there on the new image.

I would like to stay with MagicInfo Pro, but can't see how I could do that at this point. Their solution was to image a working panel, and deploy that panel's image to the "broken" one. ::) ::)

I can't see that as being possible, when the other panels are being used....... >:(

Any ideas?

Offline tstahlfsu

• Major Guru
Re: 400DXn software issues..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
Nevermind.... RTFF (forum.  ;D ;D)

Thanks to Bill for the note about samsunglfd.com

Surprising that I am a business partner with Samsung, sell the LFD products, and this was never mentioned before.  ??? ???

Offline m2t2

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:12:49 PM »
We have about 7 DXN monitors that use an old MagicNet Pro version and I've been controlling them using the MagicNet Pro server software. Well we just got in new CXN monitors that use MagicINFO Pro instead of net, and when I uninstalled the server software and installed the new MagicINFO Pro server software, I can no longer send out data to my DXN monitors.

I'm guessing MagicInfo Pro can't talk to monitors using old MagicNet Pro and vice versa.

So I found the latest MagicInfo Pro client on the web (3001) and tried to install that on a DXN monitor (uninstalled MagicNet Pro first), but it won't work. I get the same problem mentioned in this thread: http://www.magicinfopro.com/magic/index.php/topic,33.0.html

The VNC works but the MagicInfo systray icon doesn't show up, and clicking on the desktop icon does absolutely nothing. It doesn't even load anything into processes.

What are my options here? Do I have to ask our Samsung rep for a new XP image with MagicInfo pre-loaded? This is so frustrating.

Offline tstahlfsu

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 07:49:10 PM »
Interesting. I used MagicInfo Pro 2502.0 on my 400DXn and it works perfectly. I have the image that Samsung sent me, and could probably post it somewhere if you are interested in downloading it and trying it out. The image completely reimages the panel and puts the 2502.0 Client on the panel.

Offline yavCollege

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Hi everyone

We have 3 old MagicNet X screens (model no :- 400Pxn) is it possible for us to install MagicInfoPro Client3001 on them. we also have 2 newer screens which use MagicInfoPro and we would like to use the same server for both types of screens.

Thanks 

Offline tstahlfsu

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 11:49:19 AM »
I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the MagicNet X Panels will *not* support the Pro software.  ??? ???

Offline yavCollege

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
Thanks for the above

Do you know anyway that we could get the old DNX and CNX to work with the same server

Once again thanks

Offline tstahlfsu

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
Truthfully, my experience started with the DXn, and CXn series. I know from that experience that as long as all the panels had the same version of Magic(Net/Info) Pro Client installed, and the server had a version that matched, it all worked regardless of the panel model #.  :)

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2009, 09:07:39 AM »
The best way to do this, is to ensure that you have everything in order. Make sure that you unistal the client first and then reboot your monitors. Use the same versions for everything including the server/clients. I have uploaded the 2507 server and 3001 client. These are the best versions to use. Here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6b281ef0a9d2da899bf8d6369220dcabef755ef1d641b6114ca8d2a77d7aad89

I have also uploaded the MCL Register. When Samsung released version 2503, you couldn't install it to any monitor unless you loaded this DLL files. With the newer versions, this is not necessary, but perhaps it is best to use it since you cannot load the new client version.

Thanks, Bill

Offline m2t2

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »
Thanks for the help, Bill, but it is still not working. When I try to run McLcRegister.Exe, it just says "This is not a Samsung LFD!". I tried loading the .dll using regserv but that does not work either.

tstahlfsu, if possible could you post that 400DXN image you have somewhere? I've asked my Samsung rep twice now for an image but it's been over a week and no reply.