Not Registered to Server but not showing in unapproved

• 11 Replies

Offline bwilli33

Not Registered to Server but not showing in unapproved
« on: April 17, 2014, 03:12:42 PM »
I am using V2 on both the set back box and then server.
I have clean installed several times on the server.

1) the agent will go through "not connected to server" to "not registered to server"
2) in the upper right of the web interface for MagicInfo server has the icons.  it shows a 1 in the green icon for unapproved. 

but in the unapproved screen it shows "no data"  and also nothing when I do a search for the IP.

I am lost at this point..... any ideas?

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Not Registered to Server but not showing in unapproved
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:37 PM »
Hi,

What is build version of MI Server? If it is 2002.1 I would recommend upgrade to latest version 2004.7.

Regards,
Ivan

Offline bwilli33

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:01:45 PM »
it is 2002  where can i get the newest build from?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:28:30 PM »
bwilli33, is the SBB connected to a TV? The server will not approved devices unless they are connected to a Samsung TV using the special included cable.
Also, did you set the correct IP address of the MagicInfo Server in the SBB? And make sure the time zone/time is correct on the SBB.
For the newest version 2004, you must contact your reseller.

Offline bwilli33

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 01:35:47 PM »
oh well i figured it didn't matter what TV i hooked it up to.  I thought the set back box would be the key part.  But yeah it's just hooked to a monitor at this point.

i tried IP name and IP address and it is showing that it is connecting just not registering.

and theres those red yellow green icons in the upper right under premium the green one (unapproved) shows 1 next to it.
so I know it's communicating.  but it says no data when i get to the unapproved screen for premium devices.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 04:48:36 PM »
yes, i have noticed that as well. It will detect that it is there but you can't approve it unless it is connected to a samsung TV.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:29 PM »
There is an issue in MIIPS Build 2002.1 regarding client approval. I had to manually "approve" some Lite and i-Players in database to make them visible in console UI. I would recommend to upgrade MIIPS to latest version.

Regards,
Ivan

Offline bwilli33

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 01:15:21 PM »
where in the database did you manually approve them? i would like to do that before I bought a 500 dollar TV.

i am not sure where to get newer versions?

Offline bwilli33

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 02:44:35 PM »
Yeah i know you said contact our reseller but I am not even sure they would know. I had a hard enough time getting discs from them to begin with.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »
Hi,

To "manually" approve any player in MagicInfo Lite/Premium open pgAdmin III and connect to relevant database (usually magicinfo).

Step 1
Open table <mi_dms_info_device> or <mi_dms_info_lite_device> and change value in field <is_approved (boolean)> from FALSE to TRUE for your device.

Step 2
Check in table <mi_user_info_group>  ID of group <group_id> to which you want to associate your player.

Step 3
Open table <mi_dms_map_group_device> or <mi_dms_ map_group_lite_device> and add ID value of desired group in field <group_id> for your device.

Now you should be able to see and edit your player in MagicInfo Premium web console.

You can PM me for further assistance and latest MI version download link.

Regards,
Ivan