Anyone else having poor support experience?

• 10 Replies

Offline Alex J

Anyone else having poor support experience?
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:49:34 PM »
The only resource that I have been given for MagicInfo-i Premium tech support is this support team: 888-341-2482

The support team does not seem to have a sufficient understanding of the product. They put me on hold to research ever question that I ask.

Is anyone else having this issue? Very disappointed in this support model.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Anyone else having poor support experience?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
Yep, same problem, I usually ask here first, it's quicker than waiting for Samsung and the responses on here are from actual users who understand digital signage!

What problems are you having, maybe I can help?

Offline Alex J

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 03:31:49 PM »
We just updated our MagicInfo server to version 2.0, and the scheduling is just a little different than the previous version. Wondering where on the server we schedule the display constraints. For example, when we want the  displays to turn on and off. It used to be right in the scheduler itself, but now I can't find it. Any ideas?

Also, I'm messing around with different user settings right now. Is it possible to allow for a separate user to access the server and have full access to only 1 specific display? I'd like for this user to be able to have full control over his display content and scheduling, but I don't want to have to worry about them messing up any of the other displays or schedules that we have on that server. Don't know if this is possible.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:14:33 PM »
Display constraints are now located in the upper right hand corner, a little button that says H/W Control. You'll see it when you're in the schedule screen.
Why are you not contacting your dealer for support?

Offline Alex J

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:35:18 PM »
Excellent, thank you for the reply!

We're working with CDW, and to be honest, we haven't had much luck with support from them either. Is your dealer the first place that you would turn for technical support?

- Alex

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 09:10:51 PM »
There can be a big difference between buying from your local A/V dealer vs online in terms of support, as you have experienced.

Offline DCOMMAND

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 06:32:41 PM »
There can be a big difference between buying from your local A/V dealer vs online in terms of support, as you have experienced.

This is the TRUTH. We are a dealer and our client contacts us almost daily to ask questions. Always best to go with your local A/V dealer than a box store on this type of project! This forum is very helpful too! Also, try BRAWN CONSULTING as they are far more familiar with this product than Samsung themselves. http://samsung.brawnconsulting.com/page/magicinfo-training-downloads

Offline mickster144

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:32:31 PM »
I could write a book on the lack of or no support with Samsung and their Magic Info crap. I also purchased from CDW and they have tried to get answers for me, but if Samsung can't answer my questions, what makes you think CDW would be any different. BrawnConsulting dropped me long time ago and I think they just didn't have the answers and would escalate it and it would end up back to Samsung tech's. I love their displays and for the most part their software, I just need some tech support. My last problem I was having and am still having is I cannot play multiple video's using CIFS. I got escalated to another dept and they never contacted me and this was two months ago. 

Offline KABay

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:37:33 PM »
For what my company pays me as a developer and the time I have expended on trying to figure out how to install, administer & provide internal 'support' for MagicInfo they could have bought one of the more expensive but better and more comprehensively supported & documented products.

When it work MagicInfo is OK I guess but it is by far the worst software I have ever encountered in close to 30 years of IT experience as far as support and documentation is concerned. >:(

Offline soup849

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:37:09 PM »
Its sad to say it has not changed.  I've been working with support for over a month and I'm still haveing the same problem.  They insist the issue is on my layout but they can't tell me where the problem is.  I now have three TVs that don't respond to their remote control when the MI software crashes.  I have to get a ladder and unplug the TV and plug it back in to work until it fails again.  I've asked for Tier 3 support to call me but have not gotten a single call.  Tier 2 is simply not competent in this product.  Its so frustrating to have these shouting matches with them when they throw up their hands.   And nothing on my display is complex.  Its a simple message board.

Also to make matters worse, when I call in and press the number 3 to reach the Magic Info dept., it does not work.   You have to hang up and call again.  I've tried on multiple phones.

sad times.  :'(