Server connection issues

• 11 Replies

Offline Nurk

Server connection issues
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
Hello!

I am a first time user for Magic Premium and some of the things are unclear for me.

I can't connect my iPlayer clients to the server. Everything seems to be good from the networking side, i've disabled firewalls and i can ping the server and from the server i can ping the client.
None of the devices appear in the Unapproved selection on the server. All it show is a green question mark icon with 3 devices.
Also none of the changes i do on the Windows 7 embedded device are not saved. Programs are not started when the device reboots. I don't even know the password for the default Administrator account and i can't change it because the changes are not saved.

My set up is SBB-D32CV2/EN, MagicInfo Server V2.0 Build NA-MIIPS-2004.7, MagicInfo Premium i Player V2.0 Build NA-MIIPP-2004.1.

Could you please help me with this, because i am unfamiliar with the product and everything that i have done so far is not working.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Server connection issues
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »
You have to run the EWF Manager after making changes to the system such as installing a new program. This commits the changes, otherwise all changes are lost.

Offline Nurk

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
Thank you for the response. I've got my system working!

Offline iprit

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »
The same problem with the same devises.  Cant conntet to sbb player, wich is connected to monitor.
I tried to change manually tables in postgres adminIII , but could not edit table "mi_dms_map_group_device".

Offline iprit

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 07:36:19 AM »
Ok, the device can be added manualy. To edit the table "mi_dms_map_group_device" you must add a new primary key.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »
I can't find where that table is. How do I find it in pgadmin?

Offline iprit

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 04:52:26 PM »
PostgresSQL../Base/magicinfo/Scheme/public/Tables

Offline Albert37

Server connection issues MAgicINFO S
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
Hi , everyone ! I recently bought a display MD32C ,with MagicInfo s I already connected it with the server and everything seems fine .

Now my question is ¿How i configure the display with the server, if the display is located in a external location (site -b ) for example.

In the local area network, the server show the connection of the display, everything is fine!,  but in a external network  i can not connect the display .

What do i need to configured the display or the server ? TNKS !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
set up a VPN so they are on the same network

Offline nassr1000

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »
Hi i have problem but i don't know how to add new topic so i post it here ,,

i have installed  magic-info server and i established wired network between the server and screens and all Features work good except when i send Schedule   to the screen it show me black background but i have still can send massages and  mute the voice
 :( please any one can help me how to fix this problem ...,