Magicinfo 1007 to Magicinfo 2002.1

• 1 Replies

Offline mikeonline

Magicinfo 1007 to Magicinfo 2002.1
« on: June 25, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »
Hello all,

A few months ago I needed help with an issue and everyone was so helpful I figured I would try to ask here. We bought a newer Magic Info display and it requires the newest version of magic info. We have the old edition on our server and I have a few questions.

1) Are we able to backup the database and import it into the new one?
2) If not.. any way to find the updates for 1007 edition so that we can run the 'update' and not lose any info? (We cannot find a legit download for even 1008 version..)
3) What are the best steps to do this upgrade?

We have tried the upgrade and it would only give errors. So we ended up deleting the old version and installed a fresh copy. We had to pick a new database since we did not want to exactly overwrite the original.

Thanks for any tips or guidance!

Offline mikeonline

Re: Magicinfo 1007 to Magicinfo 2002.1
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »
Solved my own problem! :)

After countless searches and downloads I decided to go through the registry. The path to the key was

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Wow6432Node->Samsung->MagicInfo-i->Server->Premium

I saw a key for versionLite but nothing about a premium. So I added the key

versionPremium and set it to 1009.4 (The latest version I had installed of Premium)

Once I did this I was able to install the next V2 update and it detected everything and upgraded properly. Hope if someone runs a search this will help them out in the future. Thanks!

Hello all,

A few months ago I needed help with an issue and everyone was so helpful I figured I would try to ask here. We bought a newer Magic Info display and it requires the newest version of magic info. We have the old edition on our server and I have a few questions.

1) Are we able to backup the database and import it into the new one?
2) If not.. any way to find the updates for 1007 edition so that we can run the 'update' and not lose any info? (We cannot find a legit download for even 1008 version..)
3) What are the best steps to do this upgrade?

We have tried the upgrade and it would only give errors. So we ended up deleting the old version and installed a fresh copy. We had to pick a new database since we did not want to exactly overwrite the original.

Thanks for any tips or guidance!