How to create touch inputs in author?

• 1 Replies

Offline 1slogoat

How to create touch inputs in author?
« on: July 31, 2014, 04:42:06 AM »
My company is looking into purchasing a samsung touchscreen enabled LFD, and I've got a copy of the magicinfo premium author that I'm using to make a sample presentation to pitch the whole idea to them. 

I would like to have a series of buttons on a page so a user can cycle through pages on the display to view different pages/content, or navigate back to a "home" screen.  I've searched everywhere to try and find out how to configure this and had no luck. I'm sure if this has to be configured through the script editor (it seems that it only shows mouse clicks/keyboard input). 

If I can't figure this out, upper management would rather just hook up a laptop to a screen and run a power point program on a loop (which would not be nearly as nice as having the LFD). 

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: How to create touch inputs in author?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 04:15:33 PM »
i've done this, the instructions are in the magicinfo author manual. yes, you use the script wizard, and tell X element when selected to display page 2 (for example).  If you don't want to make it yourself, there are pre-made touch templates built in (try the bookstore template)