MagicInfo Pro on Win 7 Embedded?

• 6 Replies

Offline Drumdog

MagicInfo Pro on Win 7 Embedded?
« on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »
Corporate told us we had to get off of XP so I formatted the drive in the SIM-NT module in the Samsung 460DX-3 and installed Windows 7 Embedded Standard. I then installed MagicInfo Pro but when I fire it off, I get nothing. The desktop icon is there and it installed VNC as well, but I get nothing when I double click the icon. What am I doing wrong, or will MagicInfo Pro not work on Win 7 Embedded ?

I have 7 of these to do something with.

Thanks

Offline Drumdog

Re: MagicInfo Pro on Win 7 Embedded?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
Nothing? Anyone?

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:02:34 AM »
Hi Drumdog

Sorry you dont seem to have gotten a reply i've not been on here for a while.

This is something I'am looking to do myself in the next week or so I will post a reply with futher details of any issues i encountered and actions taken to overcome these.

I dont see why the software shouldnt work on Windows7 however may need a number of changes for it to work.

will keep you posted.

Ewan

Offline Drumdog

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 02:13:28 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate that.
We are still wanting to get away from WinXP.

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 05:20:27 PM »
Hi Drum Dog

I can confirm the Magicinfo Pro software should be 2600.8 or 2600.15 with Patch also for Windows 7 with has just been confirmed to me via Samsung.

We have loaded the new software and it works on windows 7  I am still awaiting a reply in regards to client software will let you know if I hear more.

Cheers
Ewan

Offline Drumdog

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:07 PM »
So you installed Windows 7 Embedded and then install MagicInfo Pro and it all works?

What client software are you referring to?

Offline Ewanl30

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »
Hi Drumdog

We have the Magicinfo Server software running on Windows 7 the screens currently are still on xp embedded and running fine.

We were looking to upgrade the client software on the screens to Windows 7 but just got a reply from Samsung today that this doesn't exist.

They say the operating system is specifically designed for the screen models and even if we were able to install our own embedded version of Windows 7 the Magicinfo client software would not launch due to restrictions coded into the software (bummer!).

XP embedded is supported up until around Jan 2016 so now having to look at other options for us going forward that will no doubt be costly.
Thanks a lot Samsung.......

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Ewan