How to reinstall Magic in client

• 9 Replies

Offline geeman

• Major Guru
How to reinstall Magic in client
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:18:39 PM »
Gents I'm in a bit of a bind. I hope someone and help.
I recently uninstalled Magic info Client on the 520dxn in an attempt to upgrade  version 3002
After installing the software the program is nowhere to be found. I searched the entire computer, nothing.
The Globe magic info icon in the system tray is no ware to be found as well. 

Any suggestions would be quite helpful.

Many Thx
Gregg

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: How to reinstall Magic in client
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:22:00 PM »
Did you remember to commit the change using the EWF function before rebooting?

EricL

Offline geeman

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »
I did commit the change when i uninstalled Magic info. But once I  rebooted  i can't find the the The Globe with the EWF functions are no longer in the system tray.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »
When you install the new version it uninstalls the old one then asks for a reboot-you would then expect it to install the new one on reboot but it doesn't-effectively you need to run the install of the new version twice, once to uninstall the old one then again to reinstall the new one-then commit to save the new version.

Hope it helps.

EricL

Offline geeman

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »
Hey EricL,

I can no longer find the  EWF function. Do you know where its located if its not in the system tray.

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
It's shown as part of the magicinfo pro application interface, so you would need to reinstall the client software before you would see it displayed-I am presuming you have the new client version as a standalone .exe file?

EricL

Offline geeman

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 11:22:39 PM »
Wow Eric L thank you so much.
I was able to successfully install the client. Apparently when i rebooted the, new install would get deleted because the EWF was on.
So once I did the installation, i was given the option to restart now or restart later. I selected later and the Magic Info icon popped up in the system tray then i was able to adjust my EWF settings.

Thanks again,
Gregg

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 11:23:57 PM »
You're welcome  ;D

EricL

Offline sirikito

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 07:07:11 PM »
Hello - I have a 400DXn that I was trying to upgrade from the 1xxx version that was on it...I think I may have goofed though.   I uninstalled the existing Magnet pro client, then did an EWF commit and rebooted...so now my panel loads XP but I have no magicnet pro (which is what I'd expect).

But now - I'm trying to load the 3003 or 2505 client and while the installation seems to finish...i then get the question if i want to restart and i say no...i have the magicinfo pro icon on the homepage but i don't get the icon in the taskbar.  I've checked taskmgr and don't see mnmain.exe running - also if i manually try to run by clicking the desktop magicinfo pro icon it doesnt open the executable (no errors or anything) so I don't have the EWF screen available to me.  Help!

thank you,

Offline sirikito

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2010, 10:01:22 PM »
well i was able to get the magicinfo client to install and then ran the dos command 'ewf c: -commit' and its storing the installed software between updates as hoped but the magicinfo client still wont open..VNC loads in the tray but magicinfo just won't...is there anything else I need to do to get the program ready to run? any input you can offer is much appreciated