Publishing issue

• 2 Replies

Offline dahoove

Publishing issue
« on: June 18, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
Have to say I find the MagicInfo Pro software very frustrating. I have run into an issue where the screen will not run the schedule, and now I'm getting the following in the publish log file on the server.
Publish Start :: 2010-06-18  11:23:24

Beginning :: 2010-06-18  11:03:00
End :: 2010-06-24  24:00:00

MagicInfo :: 2010-06-18  11:23:27 :: Download :: Failed to download scl file :: Fail ::

Publish Complete :: 2010-06-18  11:23:27

No clue why it's failing or how to fix it. The Server software knows that the screen is on, it says it publishes the content, but the yellow publish status bar stays grey, and my screen is on the MagicPro Info icon instead of my published content.
Someone please help before I rip the dam screen off the wall.

Little more info
Server software is running on my Windows 2003 Domain Controller, there is no firewall on either the screen or the server. Can ping both ways, and both have enough hard drive space.

Offline London-I

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
  • FLY ME!
Re: Publishing issue
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Ok, I hope I can help. Firstly make sure you have chosen from daily/weekly/monthly [chooses daily on this occasion] then save the schedule you have created and close the program. Give it 30 secs then restart the program and check your schedule is still showing correctly. If it is try to republish. Hopefully it should work this time [fingers crossed].

Offline dahoove

Re: Publishing issue
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »
Ok, I hope I can help. Firstly make sure you have chosen from daily/weekly/monthly [chooses daily on this occasion] then save the schedule you have created and close the program. Give it 30 secs then restart the program and check your schedule is still showing correctly. If it is try to republish. Hopefully it should work this time [fingers crossed].
I tried to publish this morning and it was working again. Not sure why as I didn't do anything on either the server or the monitor all weekend.
I'm assuming your talking about the periodic setting on the schedule? It was at none so I changed it to daily, and will see if the problem comes back.

Thanks.