MagicInfo Premium i Player V2.0 Build NA-MIIPP-2005.0.exe

• 7 Replies

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
MagicInfo Premium i Player V2.0 Build NA-MIIPP-2005.0.exe
« on: September 10, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
I am currently converting my environment from MagicInfo Pro to I Premium. The first 2 set back box units that I setup worked just as they should. Removed the old client and installed the new and ran the configuration to point at my server and all is good.

The problem I am currently facing is my 3rd unit. The software installs - then after a reboot it only 1 shows 1 of the 3 icons on the taskbar and does not communicate on port 7001 at all. I've tried everything I can think of to get it working all to no avail. Watcher is the only icon that shows up. All 3 processes show in task manager but yet there is no communication.

Any suggestions by anyone on this as I'm quite frustrated by something that was supposed to be simple turning into a mess that I cannot find a solution to.

Patrick

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
Re: MagicInfo Premium i Player V2.0 Build NA-MIIPP-2005.0.exe
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:56:08 PM »
I just updated my last 2 screens. 1 worked - the 2nd is giving me the exact same issue. So 3 out of 5 work and 2 of them don't communicate and run the player as they are supposed to. Any ideas?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 07:18:23 PM »
are they all the same model set back box?

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »
I have all 5 units working at the present. To get the other 2 working I had to downgrade to an older version of the software. I installed this version on the 2 that did not work:
MagicInfo Premium i Player V2.0 Build NA-MIIPP-2001.3.exe

They came right up and operated like they should have with the latest version. I even attempted to upgrade to the new version once I had a working version on there but those 2 units just do not like the new software.

I have 5 locations setup as follows:
LH46MDC & SBB-A: Worked with new version
MD46B & SBB-C: Required older version
LH46MDC & SBB-C: Required older version
MD46B & SBB-A: Worked with new version

It would appear the SBB-C units do not like the latest and greatest version but work fine with the other version that I tried. I bought all these devices as some were being discontinued and replaced with newer models.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Correction to my list:

LH46MDC & SBB-C: Worked with new version

LH46MDC & SBB-C: Required older version
MD46B & SBB-A: Required older version

So there is no common factor to them as I first thought. Maybe the firmware is not the same on all of them and that is the issue. Is there a way to check what the FW version is on them?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
do all of the players have the same software on them- such as the same version IE, office viewer, .net, etc? Just trying to find out if maybe there is a software on them that is interacting badly with the new client software.

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 08:38:30 PM »
I went through the control panel installed programs list and everything is the same except for the MagicInfo Player installed size - when installed on the 2 screens that do not work the installation size shown in Control Panel programs is smaller than the installation size of the screens that do work.

Also I noticed while trying to troubleshoot the non working screens that the D:\MagicInfo\Config\ file seems to be missing info where it detects the connected screen and MagicInfo as the source and places that info in the config file. So maybe it can't detect what screen is connected and doesn't activate the Agent software accordingly. Either way it seems to be a bug in the installation as the older version worked fine thankfully so I could get them back up and running.

Installing the older working version followed by the newer non working version on the 2 screens also did not help as it does a full uninstall of the older version first and the problem then comes back.

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 07:24:36 PM »
Hello,
thank you for your input. I had the same issue and felt comforted that someone else had it. In order to avoid any doubts, I even did an image of a working screen, deployed it on another, and it didn't work. Something interesting is that the processes are loaded, even if it doesn't show up. So I had the idea to delay the call of the program by replacing the startup menu entry by this bat :
@echo off
echo Wait 30 seconds to load MI
"C:\Windows\System32\ping.exe" 127.0.0.1 -n 31 > c:\dummy.txt
echo Loading MII
"C:\Program Files\MagicInfo Premium\i Player\MpWatcher.exe"
I hope this can help someone.