DMD Series with MagidInfo Premium server approval issue

• 8 Replies

Offline Roostermiester

DMD Series with MagidInfo Premium server approval issue
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:27:19 PM »
I have a new MD55D panel (firmware: 1010) that is setup to use MagicInfo Premium, connecting to a MagicInfo Premium server which I just upgraded to 2005.1.  On the server web interface icons in the upper right it shows 1 unapproved device.  When I click on the Unapproved page there is no data.  On the page in the tab bar it says in red: "One or more device(s) might not be in the unapproved device list due to limited license.".  I have 5 Premium-I licenses installed on the server with no expiration date.  If I switch the panel to MagicInfo Lite, it shows up in the Unapproved page on the server.  So, what gives with Premium?

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: DMD Series with MagidInfo Premium server approval issue
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
how many other devices do you have already? i've only seen this happen when you're trying to approve more devices than you have licenses for.

Offline Roostermiester

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 11:42:46 PM »
0 other devices.  We had 1 previously, but that has since been deleted.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 06:14:19 PM »
i would uninstall the server and install a new fresh version instead of the upgrade patch.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:59:05 PM »
Hi Roostermiester,

Have you upgraded MagicInfo i-Players on SBBs to and, if you had, to what version?

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
Digital Signage Consultant
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline Roostermiester

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:14 PM »
The DMD series does not need SBBs, it has a built-in player, which is what we're using.

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »
In your initial post you mentioned "Premium-I licenses" which require SBB with Premium i-Player installed.

Second generation of Samsung's SoC enabled displays (called SSSP or Samsung Smart Signage Platform) which cover: DBD, DMD and DHD series supports two different playing modes. That is MagicInfo Lite and MagicInfo Premium S2 (Player mode Lite and Premium in display menu).
MagicInfo Lite is basic player mode supported in display built-in player.
MagicInfo Premium-S2 is advanced player mode supported in display built-in player which supports advanced features but still lack of many features supported by MagicInfo Premium-i player.
MagicInfo Premium-i is Samsung's most advanced software player solution which requires SBB.

If you look at licensing manager in MagicInfo Premium Server, you'll find three different types of licenses:
Lite - free for up to 25 devices
Premium S - 60 day trail period for 5 devices
Premium i - 60 day trail period for 5 devices

So, your valid Premium-i licenses do not cover Premium-S built-in display players. Solution is to either buy Premium S licenses or buy SBBs to install Premium i-Players covered by your licenses.

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
Digital Signage Consultant
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline Roostermiester

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 12:38:53 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.  It's this type of information that is lacking in Samsung's documentation.  They need to post some kind of chart that connects all the dots.

Offline 460FPN2

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
server version 2005.1 allows for 5 free premium-I devices. If you bought some SBB's, you could use those 5 free licenses.