Cannot set timezone\time on DMD Series\MI 2.0 2005.1

• 8 Replies

Offline Roostermiester

Cannot set timezone\time on DMD Series\MI 2.0 2005.1
« on: September 16, 2014, 11:51:46 PM »
Same setup as the last post: MD55D panel (firmware: 1010.2) now using as MagicInfo Lite since I can't get Premium connected, connecting to a MagicInfo Premium server which I just upgraded to 2005.1.
I cannot set the time on the panel via MI.  If I go to the devices>Time>Set clock, I get the message that I should set the timezone.  I go to Device>Setup>Edit, select the correct timezone, click Save = nothing happens.  Nothing.  It stays at GMT.  If I set it manually on the display then restart the display, it defaults back to GMT time.
I guess we should move....

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Cannot set timezone\time on DMD Series\MI 2.0 2005.1
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:18:42 PM »
Hi Roostermiester,

Please clarify which display you have: DM55D or some MD55 model.

I assume that you have new DM55D and you want to use built in Premium S2 player.
In order to get it to working properly you should install latest MagicInfo Premium Server V3.0, Build NA-MIIPS-3001.12. Also, you should upgrade firmer versions: Main to 1013.7; SUB to 1005; Mystique to 1006 and Novatec to 1009.
Note, that you have to do new installation of MagicInfo Premium Server V3.0 as upgrade from V2.0 is not supported.

Grate new feature in V3.0 (form Build 3001) is support for both PostgreSQL and MySQL which can be choose during installation setup.

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
Digital Signage Consultant
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline Roostermiester

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Sorry about the typo, it is the DMD series using the built-in player.  I looked at the notes for MI Premium Server 3.0, and was disheartened to see that it no longer supports 5 Premium players for free.  It is now a 2 month trial period, which is why I haven't gone there.  Are there some compatibility issues with v.2.0 and the latest firmware?

Offline isabolovic

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 12:34:20 AM »
MagicInfo Server V2.0 simply doesn't support many features in new Premium S2 built-in player.

Attached is example of content running on MagicInfo Premium S2 (Built-in SoC player) in pilot project preparation for World Cup back in June.

Regards,
Ivan

---
Ivan Sabolovi?, DSCE
Digital Signage Consultant
www.mundusdigitalis.com

Offline Aldin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:18:20 AM »
Off topic!

Ivane, daj pomagaj, imam frku sa javom na MagicInfo Premium.
Evo mail: [email protected]

Lijep pozdrav iz Norveske! ;)

Offline ChrisS

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 10:19:30 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am a new user of MagicInfo and I am encountering a similar error as the original poster here in this thread. I am wondering if anyone knows the cause of this error when trying to set the display clock time using MagicInfo Server.

I am running  MagicInfo Premium Server V3.0, Build NA-MIIPS-3003.3 which I got from the Samsung SBN download website.
My display is the Samsung DB48D. It is running the Lite version on MagicInfo Player using the free permanent MagicInfo Premium Server Lite license for 25 displays.

When I try to set the time on the display using the MagicInfo web interface, if I go to Device>Time>Clock Set, I get the message "Warning   The current time cannot be set for the equipment now. You should set the time zone." If I do set the time zone under Device>Setup>Edit and try again I still get the same error. The display seems to insist on GMT time, but I am located in the EST time zone.

Is there a way to get the Clock Set feature to work correctly in this setup?  :(

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
Did some updates to FW this morning on a DB40D, noticed there was a new Sub-1 published on June 2nd.  Monitor is running 1027, sub 1035.  The FW updates did an interesting thing, in the System Menu, there is now a "Remote Management" tab, to allow Samsung access to your monitor.  Kind of cool.  However, now that I am updated, no matter what I do, I cannot set my timezone.  I have set it manually in the Monitor, set it manually in the Server Settings, but on the Display page, under Time, I cannot update it ("Set the timezone first"), in edit, I can set the timezone, save it, and it doesn't seem to have an issue (ie it was set this morning, logged out, checked after lunch and the server is still set).  I still cannot get the Time set in the display tab.

Server 3100.2.

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 08:45:16 PM »
This has been  along time coming back, but I have got the clock to update properly.  It was a combination of setting the unit clock manually, getting onto the server, checking "current status", which discovers the time on the monitor.  It's very convoluted, but it does work to maintain your clock/schedule.  You still can't "set time" on the server's monitor page, and I still have yet to receive any info from Samsung as to why they even bother with a feature that they can't seem to get working.

Offline boozer

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 03:48:59 PM »
I had same problem. But after setting timezone and time via MagicInfo, then Device -> Setup -> choose TV -> Edit -> under Manage section -> Statistics -> Edit, force refresh. Now back on Device -> Time -> Clock Set column I finally see time and I can setup schedule for it on/off.