MagicInfo ver 3.0

• 5 Replies

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
MagicInfo ver 3.0
« on: October 02, 2014, 07:32:19 PM »
Hey all,

I've been testing a new DB48B at work and decided to check its functionality over the network interface.  The problem is, my version of MagicInfo Premium is version 2.0.  I have reached out to my Samsung   *CENSORED*  Rep about getting access to their Global Service Business Network, and eventually I'm sure someone will get in touch, I'm wondering if anyone hear has a link to the install package.  The Disc I have on hand is this version:

MagicInfo_Server_V2.0_Build_NA-MIIPS-2002.1.exe

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
Re: MagicInfo ver 3.0
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 06:00:42 PM »
Samsung did get back in touch with me, so I now have my logon credentials.  Interestingly, after getting the 3.0 software loaded up and running, I hit a snag of not being able to find the display through the program.  DB-48D, when I called their support line, I was told that the Ver 3.0 was still very buggy and I would be better off using the 2.0 2005. 

Loaded that up, still no monitor. (it's on an ad-hoc isolated network consisting of the PC the router and the monitor.  I have all my IP addresses correct, everything is on the same subnet, I have no restrictions on Ports on the router, I have disabled all of my firewall/anti-virus programs, server IP is correct in the TV menu, TV server mode has been tried on both the Lite and the Premium (even though there is no SBB, I tried just because), I can see the monitor as a Network Multimedia device in Windows, I can ping the monitor with no packet loss.  I have loaded licenses for Lite, Premium-I, Premium-S, Video Wall, still nada.  I've been told now that it must be the firmware on the monitor.   I've spent a solid week troubleshooting and dealing with Samsung on this, which I suppose is good because this is a demo monitor for us to play with, I'd rather have these headaches now rather than with a client, but still.....

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:36:56 PM »
Firmware has been updated on the monitor, still no connection via MagicInfo.  What I did find interesting, when the monitor powered up with the old firmware, if there was no signal (the monitor seems to always want to start up on the TV input), the message would say something along the lines of "no network connection" with the updated firmware it now starts up saying "no LAN connection".  So the firmware has a slight wording change in that respect.  While it says no network/LAN, it is saying it because it hasn't made connection with the server.  As mentioned, in "my computer/network places" the Monitor appears as a Multimedia Device (Samsung LFD).  I find it remarkable that this is being so troublesome, as the previous networked monitors I've done seem to have gone in without issue (DM series using MagicInfo Lite).  Looks like today will be back on the phone with MagicInfo support. 

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 09:00:51 PM »
Right, after much poking and prodding, ensuring ALL my software was Ver 2.0 (Author/Server?VideoWall etc), updating the Firmware on the Monitor, opening all of the ports on the router, disabling firewall/antivirus on the PC AND doing a Factory Reset on the loaner monitor (to open settings options that had been locked by someone previously), I was able to publish content/upload/display to the monitor.

I think I may have encountered every roadblock I could have.  What is the really humourous part in all of this: Our company was originally scheduled to have the Samsung training team in today to teach us all of the ins and outs of the software, they have opted to reschedule a training day at one of our local Sports arenas where they have hundreds of monitors in every imaginable configuration, they just need a day that the arena has something going on in it (otherwise they pay a premium just for having the building opened up). 

At least when they do the training day, I won't be completely in the dark.

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »
Hey,
I have access to the GSBN and could provide you with the MagicInfo v3 files if you are still interested.

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 08:17:25 PM »
I've been busy playing with the latest version on our in house monitor (DB40D).  I have version 3 3004.5 running.  Seems There are definitely some bugs to it (3004.5 was a Hotpatch for 3004.4, released January 15th).  It's interesting, It would seem there are some table issues that relate to the monitor address.  I can search for the monitor manually, find it without issue, but the monitor never appears as approved.....nor does it show up on my unapproved list.  I've been working directly with Samsung's Engineer in Canada (yep, one guy, who is leaving....) to try to find the solution.  I suspect another patch will be coming soon.