Cant upload file in MagicInfo Server V3.0 Build NA-MIIPS-3003.3

• 11 Replies

Offline spacee

Cant upload file in MagicInfo Server V3.0 Build NA-MIIPS-3003.3
« on: January 06, 2015, 08:31:02 AM »
Hi good day.

An error occured. please contact your administrator (error code 1084). Please help having a headache in this error. Already installed the hotfix and update still getting the error. and if i use the authoring in the magicinfo server its all boxes and rectangles if i click "new" nothing happen.

thanks,
Are

Offline Mike

Re: Cant upload file in MagicInfo Server V3.0 Build NA-MIIPS-3003.3
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 12:32:31 AM »
Hey I think I had that 1084 error message on a new server I setup. I had a version of Java already installed on the server, I then uninstalled and installed the Java version that is on the login page of MagicInfo. That fixed it.
I also see you're using FTP transmission, have you tried http?

Offline spacee

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 03:01:03 AM »
hi Mike! thank you for the reply.  I can upload via Http with no error but cant upload on FTP.  when i uninstall java i cant login on magicinfo login page. and got an issue on web authoring seems cant create new LFD file got an error on page "expected identifier walib.js line 5421 char 105.

thanks

Offline sardarofl

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Hello! I tried the following and could upload with FTP after it,
-from Control Panel (large icons)windows firewall
-at your left hand click advanced settings
- From overview part in the middle find <windows firewall properties>
- At Domain profile tab (Firewall state off)
- the same at Private, Public profile.

Try that and feed me back :)

Offline spacee

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply, done what you advice im still getting the same error..
Dont know if i did something wrong.

Offline sardarofl

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »
Alright, can you try uninstalling magicinfo server completely and uninstall java completely (even remove the folders if they existed after uninstall) (don't uninstall the postgres sql)
and then you don't have to install java from their site again, just reinstall the Magicinfo server, it will install java automatically.

try after that opening the server and check if it still give you errors when uploading or scheduling.
You can also make sure of the following points are made (They may not fix the problem but they are necessary for the software to work properly as I experienced):
- Check the user account controls from the control panel as in attached to be never notify
- Check the postgresql service if its up (From start -> type services.msc) and as in attached postgressql.png it should be started, If not right click -> properties and try to start it ... If it can't be started go to logon tab and retype the password you used upon installation of postgressql or choose local system account
- Check the java security (From control panel as in attached) move it to low.

Hope these helps, I myself got java problems almost everytime I install the server this is due to the magicinfo works on a certain java version not the latest (most probably the one that magicinfo server automatically installs). Your feedback is welcome!

Offline spacee

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 01:50:33 PM »
Thanks sardarofl. I uninstall the magicinfo then uninstall java then reinstall the magicinfo the java is default java, in my case Java 7, postgres is started the user control is never notify, java is security is low. But still cant get rid off the error 1084. OS is windows 7 prof 64 bit.

Offline sardarofl

• Super Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »
I've got to another machine that got this error but I ignored it, I tried my fixes before and didn't work, so I will do the research and feed you back if I got a positive result

Offline spacee

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 11:17:02 AM »
thank you very much for the help looking forward on solving this error.

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 03:44:25 PM »
Just had a customer with the same problem, in his server settings however, he had the wrong IP set for the server. He had his local IP 192.168.xx.xx while his server was running on the local host 127.0.0.1
It might be worth a check.