Adding a Website to screen

• 6 Replies

Offline NancyB

Adding a Website to screen
« on: October 16, 2009, 02:43:11 AM »
I'm having difficulty getting an entire website page to fit into the "web box" I create.  Is there a way to "shrink to fit" a website so the entire page is shown, not just a portion?  Also- I know I can change the dimensions to have a small portion of a web page shown, but I don't understand the numbers and how to figure that out.  Any help would be appreciated....
Thanks

Offline fluidium

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Adding a Website to screen
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
Hello, unfortunately you cannot shrink a web page to fit into a web area, imagine the background as a overlay-it will cover a portion of the website but does not change the original dimensions.

As you drag the edges of an area box the numbers related to the size will change automatically and as you drag/move the area around the screen to the position you want it be the position related numbers will change.

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 06:20:38 AM »
This is correct. The web pages cannot be scaled. This is a general 'issue' not MagiInfo Pro. You can offset the website though. You can for example use the area section and only select part of it. If you wanted to see BBC iPlayer on BBC 24-hour news, then youcan do that without the surounding text and pictures; only the iPlayer. Do you know how to do that? I can send you a template if you wish.

Regards

Bill

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
Bill

Just read your old post which covers exactly what I want to do - see BBC iPlayer on BBC 24-hour news, without the surrounding text and pictures only the iPlayer.  Please let you tell me how to do this?

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 04:57:02 AM »
Ok I just posted it on a similar question. You select a web frame, then use URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10318089 and then use the Left Offset and Top Offset to crop the part of the URL you wanted. Then take scroll Off and that is it. Remember that depending on the screen you have the template needs to be either 1366x768 or 192x1080 so I can't really give you proper offsets. What screen do you have? I can send you an Export file so that you can use.

Bill

Offline smudgess

• Super Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply which confirmed that I was on the right track so continued to experiment with settings.  Didn't occur to me to use minus offset settings - have now done so and achieved my desired effect. Result!

Offline RLS

• Mega Guru
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:45:36 AM »
I wish there was an easier way to do this...I've just sat here for the past 30 minutes or so slowly cropping web pages by changing the settings...I wish you could just 'scroll' or zoom in on the selected area you wish.

Probably won't happen though...