Newbie Question: Forcing modified Office file down to Monitor

• 1 Replies

Offline theman192

I'm having an issue that I can't figure out.   We have a schedule published that loops a powerpoint slide deck every morning and of the 15 slides, one slide can change daily or even more than once, where we change out the visitors to our office.

I have not been able to figure out how to force a download, or in this case a re-download, after we have made a change to this one slide in the powerpoint deck.  The powerpoint was copied over the old version with the same name in the same directory, or changed in place. neither approach triggered a download.  What is the trick to get this powerpoint resent to the monitor?  If I force a schedule push, my slide deck does not get picked up.  I have used the logs to verify what is being pushed.

As a workaround I have been creating new screen for each day, and then adding it to the schedule.

There has to be something I'm missing.  I can't see a way to trigger just getting it resent.

I'm looking to the resident experts to help me, I'm sure it's simple but I'm just missing it.

Thanks in advance

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Newbie Question: Forcing modified Office file down to Monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 07:19:10 AM »
Hi, rename your new ppt file to say, B, then send it to the library. Go to your screen file and choose the new ppt to replace the original named say, A, then republish. The server will recognise a new file and push it to the client. The next day rename your new ppt file to A, add to the library, choose the new ppt to replace B and republish... and so on.

Alternatively map to the D drive on the client, update the ppt file with the new one then restart Magicinfo Pro on the client so it will read from the new ppt file.

EricL