Cant start MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service

• 4 Replies

Offline fogl33

Cant start MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service
« on: June 20, 2015, 08:34:42 AM »
Hello all,

suddenly my MagicInfo-i Server service stopped and I can't find a way how to start it. There were no changes made in the system, it just stopped overnight.
I'm trying to start it both from the Config Tool (I start it with "Run as administrator") and directly from usual Microsoft Service management console, but neither works. Config Tool just says "MagicInfo-i server service is halted.", service management start leads to generic error "Windows could not start the MagicInfo-i Premium Server on local computer. For more information, review the System Event Log.".
Error in system log isn't much helpful either it says:
The MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service terminated with the following service-specific error:
The operation completed successfully.

Anyone has any idea what can it be? :(

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard (64-bit) running on WMware
Java build 1.6.0_35-b10
PostgreSQL 9.4

Offline faroon

Re: Cant start MagicInfo-i Premium Edition Server service
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 02:24:28 PM »
I just had this the other day. It could mean anything, but generally one of the followings, for me.

Could you check to make sure:
1. bootstrap.jar and tomcat-juli.jar exist in Path\To\MagicInfo Premium\tomcat\bin. If these files are missing, you need to re-install MagicInfo Server. I don't know why they were missing for me.
2. PostgreSQL Database Server x.x service is running. If it's not running and you can't start the service, then you need to give it the correct password again. I don't know why the password was changed in the system for me.

Let me know what you find.

Offline fogl33

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 01:52:45 PM »
Thanks for advice, but management pressed on me, so I had to reset the virtual my MagicInfo info was running on and start anew. Everything is allright now and I have a feeling, that it was all caused by older version of Java I used previously.

Alessandro Frà

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:22:23 PM »
2019... I have faced the same problem, the solution is to install java x64 and change the path with the path of the new java version in the following regedit key:  jrepath
In this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Samsung\MagicInfo-i\Server\Premium

Offline nockuno

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2019, 10:50:05 AM »
2019... I have faced the same problem, the solution is to install java x64 and change the path with the path of the new java version in the following regedit key:  jrepath
In this location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Samsung\MagicInfo-i\Server\Premium
You saved my day.