Schedule not displaying, Screen Saver Only!

• 2 Replies

Offline kpmcg87

Schedule not displaying, Screen Saver Only!
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:36:34 AM »
Hello,

Im new to the forum and im learning MagicInfo for the company I work for. We have a screen in our front reception and it usually displayed content fine. Now however it isn't displaying anything other than the spinning cube screen saver. I am able to turn the device off using the server so I assume the connection is fine. Can someone help me with the problem?

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
Re: Schedule not displaying, Screen Saver Only!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 02:00:26 PM »
Amnesia is a common problem with some Set Back Boxes, you will need to connect up a keyboard to the SBB and re-enter the server IP  Address of the Signage Server. To commit the changes to memory, please click on the desktop to remind the SBB of its task!

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
Re: Schedule not displaying, Screen Saver Only!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
Double click on the EWFManager desktop icon, as this will hopefully commit the changes to memory! Don't use this for large system changes, it will lock up your SBB system! Please disable the EWF Manager via the command prompt and reboot the system "prior" to making any changes. Always remember to re-enable the EWF Manager after  a couple of reboots, so the system doesn't lock up. For example: if you apply Windows Updates, add software and so on. Good luck!