Rss feed from txt file

• 2 Replies

Offline iw1glg

Rss feed from txt file
« on: September 23, 2015, 07:57:06 PM »
Hi there, is there anyone that can help me?
i would to create a moving text but, i'm using author and the text is not updateable "online" i have to reupload the project.
i need to do something that a person without skills, writes on txt file something.. and in realtime this something would be displayed on the screen. something like welcome messages in a reception.
I thought to costumize an rss feed that point to a txt in local network path.
is there someone that can help me to create this .xml or rss file?
thanks

Offline Lppres

Re: Rss feed from txt file
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:45 PM »
We made a webpage that generates rss feeds. Users can log in on that page and can add their own rss items with tilte and discription text in a field. After finishing an item it creates an unique rss feed link. Then they can copy this link in author by adding a rss field in the canvas design. Now you have a online text field.
Users only have to go to the website. Select the created item and adjust the text. They don't need the magicinfo software at all. Very handy for a receptiondesk lady to welcome visits.  They only need a webbrowser.

Offline iw1glg

Re: Rss feed from txt file
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »
i've solved with something similar, with a fileserver i had turn on a little internal webserver only for rss purpose. i had a little java application that with a batch command (or sh script, multiplatform) read a text file and write to an rss file. the rss file is published on a little webserver, and author point on it.
thanks the answer