MagicInfo Differences?

• 3 Replies

Offline DoZZa

MagicInfo Differences?
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:46:45 PM »
Hello,

I am in the process of installing a system consisting of 5 DM32E LFD's.

I am managing them via MagicInfo Server, which is easy to use and does what I need.

Currently I am using a trial license for testing purposes. However, I would like to continue using the server to manage the LFD's and know that I need a license.

I am confused about the licence that I will require, I have searched for the answer but cant find it. Also Samsung themselves were not very forthcoming with the information.

So, what is the difference between MagicInfo S and MagicInfo I, and which would be best for the LFD's that I have.

Offline alpad76

Re: MagicInfo Differences?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
Well I'm sad to not see a response to this as we are in the same boat trying to understand which license we need now that the trial has run out.  Does anyone know how to determine that?  (After reading through posts here it seems pointless to call Samsung.  And the "Compare" feature in CDW doesn't show any differences between the two licenses.

Offline M.W.Buckley

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
http://www.medium.co.uk/search?searchTerm=&vendor=samsung&category=digital+signage
If the above url is permitted, then you can try contacting this vendor for licence information in the United Kingdom or resellers such as Universal AV, Roche AV and so on....

Offline nicholas

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
For your DM32E screens you'll need a Premium-S license. The difference between I and S depends on the display - I is for screens with set back boxes which are basically PCs running Windows Embedded. These can play and store more types of content. The S displays have the chip built in so you don't need a PC to run it. There are some limitations with S but for most uses it's ok. The UK supplier we use are SolutionsAV