Synchronization woes

• 0 Replies

Offline 484

Synchronization woes
« on: December 11, 2015, 09:49:52 PM »
We have two displays which we would like to keep in sync. The problem is that the synchronization starts out just fine, but eventually begins to sort of drift. At first the difference is barely noticeable, but after some time the displays aren't even close to each other in terms of content. For example, the first display could be running the first files on the playlist while the second one keeps showing files near the end of the playlist. Even though they seemed to be in perfect sync during the first cycles of the playlist.

Eventually the synchronization setting of the schedule drops to off position. I'm not sure if it's the server that does this, or what happens, but I know that the schedule in which I turned on the synchronizationis set to off after some time. This doesn't happen immediately. I can set the synchronization to on, and it keeps that way for a while (hours or even days usually).

Additionally I keep seing these "disconnected gateway" messages in the fault logs of the displays. But not just in the logs of these two. Other displays located in a completely different network in a different city also keep getting the same disconnect fault. They seem to resume the connection automatically, as these disconnection messages have never required any intervening.

Does anybody have any clue as to what is going on?