MagicInfo Author to RM48D

• 1 Replies

Offline MichaelSDK

MagicInfo Author to RM48D
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »
My company recently purchased eight of the RM48D model signage TVs from Samsung. I have been tasked with getting them on our network and ready for content. The networking setup was a breeze, but now I'm having difficulty with getting content on them.

MagicInfo Express 2 has allowed me to make basic templates and schedules and push them out to the TV via both the network and USB. However, when I publish content to a USB drive from Author, most of the files disappear when plugging the USB into the TV. I've even tried modifying a template from the Express app to no avail.

Basically, I successfully export the Contents and Schedules folders to the drive. I eject the drive and insert it into the TV. When the TV loads the contents of my USB, the Contents and Schedules folders are gone, a repository folder is generated but empty, and I can see the folder containing the resources. I can play each individual resource independently, but I need my schedule and template to overlay some resources over others.

Why is the TV erasing folder structures on my USB drive? And how do I get my templates and schedules from Author to the TV?

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
Re: MagicInfo Author to RM48D
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:24:26 PM »
I may be entirely wrong on this, as my experience is very limited with the RM series, but I thought that MagicInfo Author was only able to work with the main LFD line-up and not the RM series.  I think you need to use LED Signage Manager for the RM's.  If someone can confirm/deny this, that would be great.  Again, not really familiar with the RM series.