Design questions

• 1 Replies

Offline Stephen3

Design questions
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »
I have some questions on the design side of things.

We have our monitors setup in an environment to show our associates whats going on in the company and other company related issues. Right now we are currently using Adobe Photoshop to create our info slides. Pretty easy and straight forward. I have an rss feed running on the bottom of the screen with the slides continously running on the top. I've wanted to add some live news in there but I cant display tv unless I change the source at the monitor itself. Internal issue I believe. I have also tried streaming from the web but just doesn't look as good as I want it to. Any advice or hints on some better design would be greatly appreciated. We aren't using the monitors to the extent that they are capable of and would like to break the monotony of the continous slides. Thanks in advance! :)

Offline Stringer

• Major Guru
Re: Design questions
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 01:02:01 PM »
Just as you can add pictures, flash and text to the screen, if you select "Source" (Right click your screen, go to Area --> Source) you can add an external input source.

You can then place and position this on your screen design as with any other element.

From the source options, source list, simply select the same "source" that you would manually change the TV to, to play content from that input source.  Bear in mind that this is local to that screen/TV and so you must have an external source plugged into the particular device.