Videos on Infoscreens

• 7 Replies

Offline ishr

Videos on Infoscreens
« on: February 29, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »
Maybe someone here has gained experience using videos on the infoscreens.

We are using MagicInfo Pro 2600.8, 2 Samsung teles connected which are running just fine using normal pictures but there is a huge problem using videos.

No matter which format we use (m4v, mp4) the screen will only show a huge black box rather than the video playing. The preview runs fine on the server. It does not differ if using the stream or download method.

Attached a screenshot which isnt the whole screen but you get an idea.

Any hint would be highly appreciated.

Cheers

Offline gentex

• Major Guru
Re: Videos on Infoscreens
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »
Did you try to convert to Windows media file WMV

Offline ishr

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 08:09:44 AM »
Did you try to convert to Windows media file WMV

Tried it just now, can't add WMV files to the library, it reports to be an unsupported file format.

Offline evoliddaw

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 05:01:03 PM »
I have the same issue with the MagicPlayer I (not sure if that's exactly what you were referring to) still unresolved.

Funny thing is, I have 1 I license and 3 S licenses, and this same layout was published to both. The S players will play the video content fine, only the I player is giving me the black box in lieu of the video.

Really strange, I will keep digging.

Offline evoliddaw

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 05:31:29 PM »
Well I took a look in the repository, and the video file I published appears to be intact 100% unmodified (same name from Adobe Stock, same format, same size, etc.). I am able to play the video in the default WIndows 10 video player.

Looking back through the manual, it states multiple prerequisites for the MagicPlayer I to function 100% with all media.

I went and downloaded Adobe Flash Player System Plug-In, Firefox, Adobe Reader and the K-Lite Codec Pack (all but MS Office as suggested by the manual).

Interestingly enough, upon rebooting the machine, it now plays the video fine! Unfortunately I can't tell you exactly which package did it (other than it was probably not the Adobe Reader :D)

Hope this helps!

Offline LionelDon

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 08:30:00 AM »
Tried it just now, can't add WMV files to the library, it reports to be an unsupported file format.

I get the same message.

Offline oliveira99

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 08:17:16 PM »

If you are using player-I you need to install the codecs (ex. k-lite) so it can show, videos.

Make sure that after install codec you make EWF previous you restart the SBB.

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 12:23:10 PM »
Hi,

Note that video elements always need an audio track for MI to work.
Als check attached image for video element info per MI  version (dont have all te info for v4 yet )