More options for customisation

• 3 Replies

Offline deanfield

More options for customisation
« on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:36 AM »
Hi All, This is my first post. We have just had installed at my school the magicinfo pro system and im the administrator for it. Someone came in and installed it and gave me basic instructions on how to use it. Im quite technical and enjoy the customisation side but i feel have been chucked in the deep end, however after a few hours we have a basic working display but I feel that the software can do much more. (rounded borders for photos????, or loads of other stuff. I have a small problem at the moment though, When creating a new web area the content displays on the software screen but when I publish is says connection not found all the other areas are ok, Im guessing its a network error as we are on a large network. Does anyone have a any advice for me being a newbie.

Cheers

dave kaye

Offline EricL

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: More options for customisation
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum.

These initial issues are usually caused by firewall settings. Try turning off the firewall on server and client first to establish the connection, use static ip addresses and check if you can ping your clients from the server.

There are many posts on the forum regarding network connections.

Out of interest how many screens have you to control so far? The magicinfo pro system is fantastic once it's up and running, really you are only limited by your imagination and technical prowess, the system forms the backbone and how simple or complex you want the the end result to be is down to you :-) The other brilliant part is you can add more screens at any time and get them running the same information with no more work, or have them running something completely different!

EricL

Offline deanfield

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 08:33:13 PM »
Hi, We have just one screen at the moment but may ad others if it becomes popular. I will check the firewall settings on both, I can see the web content on my pc but as soon as I publish it does not appear. Its proberbly the firewall on the screen. will have more of a play tomorrow at school

Thanks

dave

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 11:21:29 PM »
Ensure that File & Print on the Windows Firewall Exceptions is ticked.

Bill