MagicInfoPro Scheduler has encountered a problem

• 1 Replies

Offline Byron

MagicInfoPro Scheduler has encountered a problem
« on: April 25, 2016, 03:20:37 PM »
Last week our copy of Magic Info decided to just stop working on the publishing computer, since then we have reinstalled the program again and published to the server with no problems for a day and a half. Then all of a sudden we have started getting an error box popping up in the middle of the screen saying...

"MagicInfoPro Scheduler has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Any idea's what could be causing this? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the software on both the screens and the publishing pc yet still have the error after varying amounts of time. Resetting the screens does get rid of it for a short time but then it returns again and won't connect to the publishing pc.

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
Re: MagicInfoPro Scheduler has encountered a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »
I would check to see if Windows did any auto-updates.  If there were changes done, it could explain the recent error.  I know most are aware of the headaches that a Java update can cause with MagicInfo, but I have seen security patches cause problems too (by shutting down necessary ports etc).