MagicInfo Author License Issue

• 1 Replies

Offline patrickerdner

• Major Guru
MagicInfo Author License Issue
« on: August 23, 2016, 08:54:19 PM »
All, I have a couple receptionists setup to run MagicInfo Author so they can push updates to my screens as the company needs. Where I ran into an issue was one of the   *CENSORED*  laptops was having hardware issues and she had tons of software installed so my local techs moved the harddrive to an exact same model laptop. All works except MagicInfo Author. When she goes to open it the software fails to read the license key that was issued due to the hardware not matching the key.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the codes it gives me are identical to before the hard drive was moved so somewhere in the registry or in the computer itself it has this info stored. So basically she can no longer update my screens. Has anyone else had this happen? Samsung support blew me off for about 3 months then someone finally started to reply and stated they would help get it corrected - after 1 month of emails stating he was still working on it nothing and now that has been several months. My biggest gripe is their licensing in general - the MagicInfo Author is a free client - why does it need licensing in the first place. Uggg. I've wasted so many hours on this pos software.

Offline bravealikhan

• Mega Guru
Re: MagicInfo Author License Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 12:16:12 PM »
Hi,

Yes, although you replaced your HDD from one laptop to another (with the same model), some of register settings and OS files will not work properly.

Although you have uninstall the MagicInfo Author, you also need to delete the MagicInfo folder from C: drive, and once everything properly erased, do the fresh installation, and while uploading content please check the proper IP address, user login name and password.

Thanks