MagicInfo Express 2 - Doesn't save changes

• 6 Replies

Offline countryk9

MagicInfo Express 2 - Doesn't save changes
« on: June 13, 2016, 11:24:56 PM »
Once I've created a template and saved it, I can not go back and make any changes.  It says that it saves, but it does not.  Is there a fix for this?  I'm getting tired having to recreate everything from scratch each time I need to change something.

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
Re: MagicInfo Express 2 - Doesn't save changes
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 09:11:17 PM »
I agree.  I am testing MIE 2 to replace BrightSign media players in a group of care facilities.  My first thoughts were, what an easy program to use in comparison!  But then it stopped saving changes as quick as the next day of creating the templates.  You might not have noticed but when saving it doesn't pop up and say "save successful".  Nor will it successfully save using "save as" with a different name.  The new template folder doesn't show up.  The last "save as" I did, it deleted the original template folder and the corresponding files, and it did not save under the new name.

Also, the templates are stored as individual files within a file folder named the same as the saved template.  The location of the User_templates file is buried ridiculously deep in User files (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Samsung\MagicInfo Express 2\User_templates) and does not appear to allow a change of location.  A work-around was to create a shortcut on my desktop.

Frustrating.  I will be holding off purchasing multiple Samsung Smart Signage TV's until it is fixed, or I test another software that can actually save data.

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
I ran another test.  I created a food menu last night with two saves throughout, then closed the program.  This morning I opened the program and the menu template and changed the font colour, nothing else.  It would not save, nor would it "save as" a different file name.  It appears that once the program is closed and re-opened, the template cannot be saved again.  For example, if you own a restaurant and have a "daily feature" you cannot go into your master template and change the daily feature and save it.  Or, if you have a price increase, you will not be able to change the pricing on your menu and save it.  You have to create a whole new menu template from scratch.

This is really too bad as otherwise the program is very easy to use, but this one glitch alone is far too painful to consider purchasing multiple smart signage displays.  If anyone has an alternative solution, or a recommended stand-alone software, I'm all ears.

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 10:52:56 PM »
There is now a software update version:  2.1.1005.7 that appears to have fixed this issue available on Samsung's website.  It also seems faster and not as clunky.

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 04:35:22 PM »
I spoke too soon.  I created a template and after so many saves (I did not count) it quit saving edits.  I've never encountered software that just stops saving edits after awhile.  This is a real PITA.

Offline countryk9

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 06:35:35 PM »
Downloaded the new version and it still won't save changed!

Offline RACH

• Major Guru
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »
Hmmmm,

Saving has not been an issue for me with the new version:  2.5 1006.3  Link here:  http://www.samsung.com/us/business/support/owners/product/LH55RHEPLGA/GO

Scroll down for the download.  I also created all templates from scratch in the new version, I did not test any previous templates from previous versions in the new version.