Magic-Info I prem--cannot upload

• 3 Replies

Offline arena225

Magic-Info I prem--cannot upload
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:51:54 PM »
Hi, I am in IT and I have a user who has Magic Info -I Premium version1. I understand it is very old, but we have to work with it. He used to be able to publish jobs with no problem. However, he says that since his admin rights were taken away (company policy), he cannot publish new content. Would him  not having rights have any bearing on publishing? Also, would updating Java help? I am a newbie to Magic Info, so please, any help you could offer would be appreciated.

Renee

Offline NovaVisual

• Super Guru
Re: Magic-Info I prem--cannot upload
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:57:48 PM »
Depending on what his rights were, and what the rights are now, he very well may not be able to publish content.  On the account types in MagicInfo there are multiple privilege levels, he would need to be a content scheduling manager in order to be able to update content/schedules/approve content.  He would also need to use the updated account infor to publish from Author onto the Server if you guys are using author.

As for Java, do not update it. The program is designed using very specific versions of Java, when you update, MagicInfo will not play nice (that is an understatement). 

Offline arena225

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »
Thanks for the info, that helps. However, by admin rights, I meant admin rights to the computer. I was wondering if Magic-Info requires people to be local admins?

Renee

Offline ALMAGSupport

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 07:24:39 PM »
Hi there,

You'd be right.  It fails to upload without admin rights.  I had to grant local admin to my MagicInfo publishers. 

Hope that helps,

Josh