Programming not stored in Magic Info software

• 3 Replies

Offline sherryhoop

Programming not stored in Magic Info software
« on: October 03, 2016, 01:52:48 PM »
I run 2 screens with Magic Info Pro from a Desktop with Windows 10.

I can programme the screens but when I re-open the software the programming is gone, as are the Power Points from the library. The original programme appears on the screens for a period (usually a few days) and then goes. This means I haveto re-programme the screens almost daily.

Anyone know why it might be?

Thanks in advanced

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
Re: Programming not stored in Magic Info software
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 06:14:50 PM »
Sherryhoop,

Are you saying that you scheduled the screen but it does not obey the schedule?

Nolly 

Offline sherryhoop

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:59:38 AM »
Hi,

No I am saying that it obeys the Schedule but there is no memory of it in the software on the computer. The PPTs are not in the library and the programme not on the timeline. This means that any changes have to be programmed from the beginning (creating the screen again) which is wasting a lot of time.

I have changed computers, checked the ip address on our internal systems and re-installed the software but it hasnĀ“t solved it. Could it have something to do with Windows 10 being installed?

Many thanks for your help.

Offline nolly

• Hero Guru
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 10:58:27 PM »
I do not run Magicinfo on Windows 10 so can't offer specific help.  I did have a similar problem with other software.  The solution was to re-install it on my documents drive rather than the C drive.  In the event of no other solution, it might just be worth a try.

I hope that you manage to get it sorted.

nolly