Cannot change MagicInfo Mode

• 3 Replies

Offline adamt

Cannot change MagicInfo Mode
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:42:08 PM »
A few months ago my organisation bought two DM32E screens, connected them to our network and approved them in the MagicInfo Server. Our Martketing team uploaded some content to the server and the screens play the content. The screens functioned well and we've now purchased two more devices.

Unfortuantely, these two new devices seem to have the "MagicInfo-Mode" set to Premium by default, and the setting is greyed out, meaning we cannot change it. That means, when we try to approve the devices in the MagicInfo server, they will only appear under the Premium menu instead of the Lite menu.

Does anyone know why the MagicInfo-Mode setting on the DM32E screens (under Menu, Network, Server Network Settings) would be greyed out, and how I can change the mode to Lite?

Running the first two devices as Lite and the second two as Premium isn't really an option, because that way every time our Marketing team makes a change to the playlist they'd need do so for the Lite devices and then repeat the process for the Premium devices.

Offline rabbit

Re: Cannot change MagicInfo Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:36:30 AM »
You can't change it to Lite if you have Magicinfo running. Change the source to PC or HDMI and got to Menu and change it in there first. Then go and start up Magicinfo via source again

Offline adamt

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:12:34 AM »
Wow, thank you rabbit!  That worked a treat. If only Samsung could have put that in the manual or responded to the support ticket that I logged!

Offline rabbit

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 09:42:33 AM »
  8) Happy to help...no problem. If you ever get something greyed out in a menu just change to a different source. I've worked closely with Samsung and I can guarantee you they don't know much. They'll blame everything else before they admit they don't know a solution to a problem. Not very helpful at all.