New User to MagicInfo Pro - Server won't recognize client

• 4 Replies

Offline desbin

New User to MagicInfo Pro - Server won't recognize client
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:10:30 AM »
Hello all, I'm brand new to MagicInfo Pro and am trying to get my demo 400CXn working. On the MagicInfo Pro Scheduler on my server, the screen doesn't show up. I've checked all my settings making sure both server and client are on the same subnet and that both are set to "connect automatically using server name" and that the server name matches. I've also tried a "direct connection using ip adress" but still to no avail. I can ping from the server to client and client to server no problem. I've tried everything recommended in any of Samsung's help documents and on these forums but so far as I can tell the server should simply recognize the screen and have it show up so I can publish a schedule to it but it won't show up in my network when I go to schedule. Any help would be appreciated, thanks everyone!

Offline mrmrva

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: New User to MagicInfo Pro - Server won't recognize client
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Firewall maybe?

Offline desbin

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 11:55:17 AM »
I've checked my firewall on my Server (which is my laptop running XP pro, service pack 3 if that helps anyone). I've added the client as an exception the first time when it prompted me, and selected print and file sharing under firewall exceptions (i read that one somewhere on these forums). I haven't changed any settings for the client but I'm not sure what needs to be changed if anything

Offline serge

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 02:51:00 PM »
Open all port on the firewall from the client to the server to check if it's a firewall problem

Offline Bill Coral

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 07:34:55 AM »
Sometimes there are issues with managed switches on the network - I had a problem with a Cisco one and had to download the latest firmware for it. In any case, you can get around this if you set the screens and the server to Direct IP address setting. That will create a tunnel through your network and bot screens and server will communicate.

Remember to set both screen and server to Direct IP address and hopefully you will know your server IP address (and it would be a static one....)

Bill