Magic Info S Display Crash randomly

• 4 Replies

Offline soup849

Magic Info S Display Crash randomly
« on: January 26, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »
All,
I have three Samsun DM65E model tvs in our building, each bought at different times.  Over Christmas I upgraded to version 4 and performed a Firmware update.  Since then, the TV crashes when playing Magic Info content.  It just turns to a black screen and my TV will not respond to my remote control,  I then have to get a ladder and unplug the TV to restart.  The TV works fine if I run CNN/ESPN all day. 

I have been in contact with support but they have no idea what is causing it. We've check to see if content is overlapping, set the duration policy to "finish in last element time", page properties  duration to "finsih in last element time".  We changed from DHCP to static IP addresses with no success.  These TVs connect via WiFi. 

I'm at a loss as to what to do now.  I'm hoping others have had this issue and can help.

Thank you in advance. :'(

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Magic Info S Display Crash randomly
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 03:25:42 PM »
Let's start with troubleshooting/ finding out where te problem lies.

There are 2 new elements in your story;
- New Firmware
- New MI server

Therefor I would say, the problem is in one of these two.
Try the latest firmware on one of the monitors (1031.7 )
The old server on another monitor (if you still have this somewhere)
both the old server and new firmware on the third monitor

This wil pin-point more precicly where in the issue lies,

Offline soup849

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:30:55 PM »
Thank you for your information.

First, I am on the latest firmware as you stated.  I am considering reverting if I can.
Second, I have the version 3 software and am about to reinstall it to see if I can duplicate the issue.  Do you know if I can run version 3 and 4 on the same server?  Or should I uninstall 4 and then proceed back to 3?

Thanks again!

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 03:12:04 PM »
Both version 3 and 4 use the same paths on the servers drive making it likely to cause some issues, you could just get a win. 7 pro PC/laptop and run version 3 from that instead of a server if that makes it easier. But I'd suggest different machines to troubleshoot MI versions

Offline soup849

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 08:54:06 PM »
Knock on wood, but I may have figured it out.  I removed a digital clock widget from the presentation and have not had a problem since Friday.  It nice to know where the problem is likely, but I don't know how to go about fixing it as I really need to use it. 

Thoughts?