Web server partially works

• 5 Replies

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
Web server partially works
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:03:01 AM »
Hello guys,
I'm new to all signage stuff and hope not to ask stupid questions. In my school, two screens are installed but don't work. I'm in charge of repairing the system. I've been given a third screen and I'm playing with it.
I installed XP pro on a VirtualBox machine. After strugling to activate postgres and magicinfo-i services, I finally done it. By the way, I'm still wondering how to load this services on Seven pro (which is my final goal).
I can connect to the web page (ip:port/MagicInfo) and I can login thanks admin account. I can see my LFD screen and "approve" it. But except that, I'm unable to play with stuff :
- unable to have other display information except 'basic' : still loading.
- unable to see the display in the main welcome page
- unable to see users created (I see they appear in the database and, modifying one of them I was able to trick and login thanks to a kind of copy of admin)
- unable to create content ("contenu" in French) because unable to set something in content file ("fichier du contenu")
-  etc !

Does anyone have a clue ?

Thanks

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: Web server partially works
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
Hey renArD,

During the magicinfo server setup 2 user accounts are created.
1st is always called Admin and is allowed to activate licenses etc.
2nd is one with a name of your own choosing, this account will be set as administrator (where as the Admin account is sort of a SuperUser) and is to be used to "play" with the monitors.
Only when a license is activated the other options will appear in the web environmet (device/ schedule/ etc.)

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:10:35 PM »
Hello,
thank you very much for your answer. I found my main issue : I can't open the web page from the host machine (the MII server is in a VM) ! I can open it from the machine itself or from another VM. By the way, firefox never works (VMs or host).
You're talking about licences and I although saw some posts about it but I can't find any place in the web page where something is about licences. I have Magic Info I Standard. I never entered any licence and now that I have apparently full access to any web pages, I also access to device ("dispositif"), schedule ("programme"), LFD control ("contrĂ´le LFD"), etc.
Now, as I'm a newbie, I try to understand how I can output something on the screen (I created something with author, I uploaded it, and then...). I think I'll find but if you have a clue about a tricky thing, let me know :)
Regards,
Laurent

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 05:17:51 PM »
Now, as I'm a newbie, I try to understand how I can output something on the screen (I created something with author, I uploaded it, and then...). I think I'll find but if you have a clue about a tricky thing, let me know :)
EDIT : I uploaded it... to the server (I see them thanks to the web page). On the screen, in option, in player configuration\program, there are no programs stored.

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 05:37:43 PM »
found it !
Thanks a lot for your help (including the other threads which helped me a lot)
See you soon on a new thread about Windows 7 :)

Offline renArD

• Major Guru
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 02:18:41 PM »
Finally I won't open a new thread about Windows 7 because I added input here : https://signagehelp.com/magic/index.php/topic,265.msg6408.html#msg6408