Has anyone had luck embedding a RTSP Stream??

• 2 Replies

Offline epounds

Has anyone had luck embedding a RTSP Stream??
« on: March 25, 2017, 02:01:38 AM »
I have Magic Info Premium with DM48E displays ( S3 Players). I need to embed a Cable TV stream from a Matrox Encoder. I have both a Monarch HD and Maevex 5100 series encoder but they only do RTSP. Samsung tells me i need to do MMS,RTP, HTTP, or HLS.

Is there any possibility of getting this to work?

Thanks.

Offline epounds

Re: Has anyone had luck embedding a RTSP Stream??
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
Update - I have been it is not supported on S3 player. I will have to use H.264 decoder and send video in to display as my plan B.

Offline raul.td

Re: Has anyone had luck embedding a RTSP Stream??
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 05:15:21 PM »
Hi epounds,
firstly sorry for my english...

I now you have S3 player, but maybe for somebody who has i-player can this be helpful and also maybe you will get from this some new idea...

What I think should work, what I consider as usual way is adding Video widget in MI Author and setting network URL for RTSP stream. Of course,  that didnt work :)

What I did and worked for me: add WEB widget and link it to your custom html file, where you will add codes for loading rtsp stream and vlc plugin. Of course, before that install vlc (if you have activated EWF, dont forget to deactivate - or commit - and activate again.)

Your html file, lets say rtsp.html should look like this:
<OBJECT classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51-BE1D1C159921"
 codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab"
 width="1024" height="768" id="vlc" events="True">
 <param name="Src" value="rtsp://sbb:[email protected]:554/channel2" />
 <param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" />
 <param name="AutoLoop" value="False" />
 <param name="AutoPlay" value="True" />
 <embed id="vlcEmb"  type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" version="VideoLAN.VLCPlugin.2" autoplay="yes" loop="no" width="1024" height="768"
  target="rtsp://sbb:[email protected]:554/channel2" ></embed>
</OBJECT>

Then, copy it somewhere, where you link to in WEB widget in author - if you have some type of server, nas or domain...
Or copy it on every client here:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot
and link it in WEB widget MI Author like:
http://localhost/rtsp.html

As you probably noticed, the link rtsp://sbb:[email protected]:554/channel2 containst also username(sbb) and password(mdc195mdc), then IP address of stream.

I was using this like two years ago because I found this VLC plugin codes somewhere on the internet and yes, i tested it and it works even today.

Good luck