MagicInfo server, SBB, 4 LFDs

• 3 Replies

Offline julius.tupino

MagicInfo server, SBB, 4 LFDs
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
Hi guys, i need help. I am a newbie in AV specially in Samsung. I have a project that needs AV setup. What the customer have is a Magicinfo Server, an SBB and 4 LFDs that's videowall setup. They want to make the video wall to run different content but it's only connected to sbb via dport so whatever the iPlayer from the sbb plays, all the screen follows. Is it possible to run it as per customer's requirements with what they have? Badly need help. Thanks in advance guys.

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
Re: MagicInfo server, SBB, 4 LFDs
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:46:28 PM »
If I understand correctly, you wish to have the videowall act as separate screens?

With the videowall daisy chained, its not possible to send different videofeeds per monitor.

options:
1) Of course you can "cheat" by making custom content that's segmented (e.g. a single video in which each corner shows a different video in case of a 2×2 Vwall)
but this would require a lot of custom content creation which can be very expensive in the long run.

2) 4 separate Sbb's, 1 for each monitor, this would require an additional 3 sbb's and mi licenses

Offline julius.tupino

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:51:22 PM »
Thanks so much @LSharp. I'd probably go on telling the customer that they would need to buy additional SBBs to run their requirements.

Offline Lsharp

• SuperHero & MegaGuru
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »
Hey, I just had a meeting with a client who wishes something similar... he wants a video wall that sometimes acts as 4 different screens and sometimes as a video wall.
I made attached sketch for a relativity   *CENSORED*  solution using 4 sbb's (A/B/C/D) 4 Samsung monitors (1/2/3/4) a network switch (S) and some HDMI / DP / Ethernet cables...
instead of purchasing a video wall controller system you can use Samsung's MDC code to set the videowall mode and source for the screens.

let me know if you have any questions regarding this, I'll just go ahead and start setting op the install logs for this project :)

Kr,